Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guilbo
Guru
Message 31 of 99

Re: Vision and HD - Question to mods

Go to solution

@Guyincognito76 wrote:

And you're right, you become a genius simply by posting endless streams of cack, Guilbo, being a guru, has just inflicted more cack; I believe gallons.

But you're catching up fast, Guy. Only another 634 pieces of cack before you too become a guru (couple of weeks' worth for you).

I'm a bit disappointed by gallons, though. I was aiming for tons.

0 Ratings
nugget
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 99

Go to solution

Time to ditch BT vision i think.

0 Ratings
guilbo
Guru
Message 33 of 99

Go to solution

Stephanie didn't say there were no intentions, she said there were no plans. That doesn't mean that there isn't a box in the works just that it's launch plan isn't ready to be announced.

0 Ratings
paul_c
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 99

Go to solution

Well it's looking more like a HD TV tuner for my HTPC and a Netflix a/c for me then, oh and cheaper broadband elsewhere. 

Thanks BT I've enjoyed the ride but now I'm catching up with the 21st Century Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
pavmas
Contributor
Message 35 of 99

Go to solution

I bought a Freesat box for the wold cup to get HD, 2 years later and sill no HD with the games comming to the UK. It really is not good enough. I feel sorry for BT staff who try to hold on to customers. BT was really competing  a couple of years ago and when I signed up I said my max budget was £50 and this rose to £62 now Im £70.

I think the lack of HD and as the hardware becomes even more extinct the price should drop not rise. people have 3d now as hd is old hat yet we cant even get HD.

0 Ratings
andyf941
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 99

Go to solution

Not having a launch plan (or a plan for launch) doesn't fill me with much confidence. 

HD Freeview box's aren't exactly new are they, the hardware/software specs for Youview are released and based on open standards, so no surprises for developers.  This is a paid for service (and BT don't even have to pay for the Freeview HD channels!!!!).

They're spending a lot of time and effort it seems on updating Vision, some of which can be seen already, so why not on a HD box?

Slow......very slow!

0 Ratings
guilbo
Guru
Message 37 of 99

Go to solution

andyf941 wrote

They're spending a lot of time and effort it seems on updating Vision, some of which can be seen already, so why not on a HD box?

Ever thought the one might be a subset of the other.

It is well documented that the YouView spec was slightly ahead of it's time and there was trouble getting it to work as the power wasn't available.

It is unusual for corporate entities to announce a date unless they are 99% sure they can stick to it. If there's one thing that hacks people off more than no equipment it's equipment that doesn't arrive when they say it will. With the internet misinformation highway even the slightest hint is reported as categorical fact in minutes, so I can understand why the are remaining tight lipped.

If you're unhappy about how slow they are, do it yourself if it's that easy.Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 38 of 99

Go to solution
And as Stephanie has now confirmed what I said an HD version is coming which is what I said, because I know that to be fact. See her edited reply

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
guilbo
Guru
Message 39 of 99

Go to solution

@pavmas wrote:

I bought a Freesat box for the wold cup to get HD, 2 years later and sill no HD with the games comming to the UK. It really is not good enough. I feel sorry for BT staff who try to hold on to customers. BT was really competing  a couple of years ago and when I signed up I said my max budget was £50 and this rose to £62 now Im £70.

I think the lack of HD and as the hardware becomes even more extinct the price should drop not rise. people have 3d now as hd is old hat yet we cant even get HD.

£70! How did you manage that? Have you been omitting to negotiate discounts at renewal time?

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 99

Go to solution
The price has dropped though. The top package was £20 and went down to £12.50 twelve months ago.

If you're paying £70 a month then you're not haggling well enough. The time to bang on about cheaper prices elsewhere is when you're renewing.

I'd quite happily leave and join Sky if I don't think I'm getting a fair deal. Do your research: My BT package wasn't that far off Sky so I worked out exactly how much and told BT and just kept refusing their offers until it was down to an acceptable price.
0 Ratings