cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Vision player on youview box

Ok, I have a humax youview box, a BT phone line and a BT infinity broad band account.

How do I register to gain acces to the BT vision player without having BT send me another youview box? It seems beyond the comprehension of the call centre that you should be able to do this.

Please help!
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Vision player on youview box

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Unfortunately http://bt.com/player just gives you options which involve sending out a box, rang the number and spoke to a lady who advised me to read the manual. Brilliant
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

@DrLargepants wrote:
Ok, I have a humax youview box, a BT phone line and a BT infinity broad band account.

How do I register to gain acces to the BT vision player without having BT send me another youview box? It seems beyond the comprehension of the call centre that you should be able to do this.

Please help!

Unfortunately it's fact - it is indeed beyond their comprehension Smiley Embarassed

BTs training of its staff with regards retail Youview is essentially non-existant.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

Forgot to mention that people have recently been having problems signing up for BT Player for Retail boxes - it was 'conveniently forgotten about' trying to get people to sign up to packages (despite the fact it makes no financial sense to send out valuable subsidised additional boxes to people who really don't need them).

With BT Sport coming along BT now wants retail owners to sign up to at least £5 a month package. However these are not yet available to order as they are still working out ways to add retail boxes onto their system & provision. They did say this would be sorted out before BT Sport went live, but we are still waiting..... and in danger of missing out on the free HD offer Smiley Mad

Oh & linear channels from BT are still not working on any Youview box (BT or Retail) anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 11

@Colin_London wrote:

Forgot to mention that people have recently been having problems signing up for BT Player for Retail boxes - it was 'conveniently forgotten about' trying to get people to sign up to packages (despite the fact it makes no financial sense to send out valuable subsidised additional boxes to people who really don't need them).

With BT Sport coming along BT now wants retail owners to sign up to at least £5 a month package. However these are not yet available to order as they are still working out ways to add retail boxes onto their system & provision. They did say this would be sorted out before BT Sport went live, but we are still waiting..... and in danger of missing out on the free HD offer Smiley Mad

Oh & linear channels from BT are still not working on any Youview box (BT or Retail) anyway.

Agree with all you say.

BT REALLY needs to up its game or see those buying a retail box rush towards whichever rival VoD services launch on YouView this year.

Once the likes of Netflix, Lovefilm, Blinkbox and perhaps even new services no-one has currently heard of, launch BT will be competing with companies PROUD to offer month to month VoD content player subs and whose staff know that they offer it.

Customers will be able to chose between those and BT, an outfit whose staff are focussed on selling minimum term, box-packages, who repeatedly lie and deny that the £10 player exists and who have littl interest in learning that they're wrong.

Really, where do BT think the customers will go?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 11

I don't think they are lying - I think they are genuinely unaware. They have only been trained in Youview from BT products.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 11

@Colin_London wrote:
I don't think they are lying - I think they are genuinely unaware. They have only been trained in Youview from BT products.

You are officially a kinder, less cynical and kinder person than I. 🙂 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

I don't think most of them lie. It's just many of them don't know what they are talking about. And to be fair, BT has done an awful job explaining the vision player on the YouView box and pricing.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

We I've been told via email, that you can't order it by phone, you have to do it online as they can't offer it over the phone.

I can't do it online as it pushes me down the paying for the box route

The online support chat tell you to ring the 0800 number

If you ring that they deny all knowledge of it and tell you take the box back and sign up for the year for 'free'

This is ridiculous!

0 Ratings