cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Volume

Hi, I have had a volume problem since I had youview from the launch. I have had two engineers out but could not fix it.
I have the volume on 30 on youview I then have to have the volume on 80 on the tv to here it. It then goes loud, when you are watching a program. Any help.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Volume

@Kev wrote:
Hi, I have had a volume problem since I had youview from the launch. I have had two engineers out but could not fix it.
I have the volume on 30 on youview I then have to have the volume on 80 on the tv to here it. It then goes loud, when you are watching a program. Any help.

Short answer: You should always have the YouView volume to 100% and then adjust the TV upwards from ZERO to achieve the best results.

Long answer: The volume buttons/settings on the YouView box and TV do differnt things.

On your TV they set how loud the TV speakers play out the sound the TV gets from the box/Blu-ray or built-in Freeview tuner. On the YouVIew box they set (in a very non techie, simplified description) how much of the original sound the box sends to the TV.

You want to send ALL the original sound from the box to the TV, not 30% of it, and then set the TV volume to decide how loud the speakers need to be.

As for what you call 'engineers', thy douns like idiots if they didn't rey turning up the YouView volume and then TV down which is all anyone needed to do to fix this for you. 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

I think the issue is that with the old BT vision boxes, when you paired the remote to the TV the volume buttons controlled the TV volume not the BTV box output. The YV remote doesn't do this so you need to set it's volume high and use the TV remote separately. A bit of a pain if you lose remotes as often as I do 🙂

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

You can pair the youview remote to the TV but then remembering to press the TV button on the youview remote before changing the volume and remembering to change back by pressing the PVR button just doesn't happen - at least, not in my house.

0 Ratings