Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iomsteve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Voucher entitled or not??

Go to solution
Hi
In December I was moving to a new flat so took out 12 month bt infinity1 I paid line rental upfront for 12 months.. due to a complication with my new place I cancelled within 14 days and eventually got the full refund.. However a few weeks later bt attempted to take the line rental (which I had paid in advance)and monthly payment out of my account luckily I didn't have enough in the account at the time so it failed. I rang up and after a great deal of transferring and explaining over and over was told I don't need to worry and it was sorted.. I cancelled the direct debit .. I then received a paper bill for the same amount but ignored it. I then received an e-Mail saying I still hadn't paid my bill so I again rang which took the usual umpteen ages of frustration and having to explain it all again eventually was told it's all sorted won't here from bt again.. a week later got an email saying if I didn't pay my bill they would pass it on to debt collectors and would inform credit agencies.. I rang again gave up after half an hour no answer so did it through live chat this took almost an hour was assured I wouldn't hear anything again as it was sorted.. unconvinced I got a transcript of the conversation and said I wanted to complain they promised me a callback from complaints dept within 2 days they actually got back to me 4 days later and after a discussion I did feel confident it was all sorted. I ended the call saying I was now wanting broadband again and after all the recent problems they had given me could I get a decent deal I was left under the impression I would be able to negotiate something but the lady I was dealing with told I would have to be transferred to a different dept I said can you explain everything she assured me she would... eventually I got through to someone else the first thing I said was "have you been told about my problems" he said I had just been put through!! So again!! Explained the situation I was told we should be able to sort something out ... after going through the whole application process.. and credit check they gave me the same offer that was currently being advertised !! I again explained the situation thinking I should at least get a small discount but was told this was the cheapest deal they could offer.. so in my head I considered the £150 voucher and thought it's not a bad deal and just took it ... paid line rental upfront again.. now broadband is on and works fine no problems... but now I find I'm not entitled to the voucher. It looks like it's because I didn't apply online!! So not only did i not get any discount for me giving bt another chance after their appalling treatment and trying to take money of me that I didn't owe and threatening me with passing the non existent debt on to debt collectors and informing credit agencies but also I can't get the voucher ... the very thing that swung this deal for me !!
Sorry about the length of message..your views please ..
Steve
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Complaint

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Iomsteve,

I'll be able to take a look at your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Iomsteve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Re: Voucher entitled or not??

Go to solution
Ps I've just checked my credit file and it says I'm £265 in arrears with BT I've never owed bt anything at any time!!!
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

@Iomsteve

I have asked the moderators to edit your last post, as you must not post personal details on this public forum.

You need to be logged in and viewing the full site, not the mobile version to see the link.

About
Moderation Team Email Address: Please fill out this "contact us" form

**Click here to contact the mods

A quick question, were you with BT before you moved?

If so, were you still in a contract?

0 Ratings
Iomsteve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
No
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

@Iomsteve wrote:
No

Thats fine. Just contact Paddy using the link, and one of the moderators will deal. The form that is on that link is private, so you can enter personal details into it, and they will not appear on this public forum.

0 Ratings
Iomsteve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

No link??

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@Iomsteve wrote:

No link??

Are you viewing this forum on the full page web version? You will not see it on the mobile version, as I notice you are using a mobile.

0 Ratings
Iomsteve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Yes

0 Ratings