cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dougiej
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Voyager 1055 Hub2 issue

Changed to a Hub 2 on Tuesday no problems until tonight PC will not connect via voyager to hub Can connect to openzone and see neighbours BT hub

Laptop & Xbox both working fine via hub 2

Helpdesk eventually got me working via another chanel and changing to 802.11 b/g

Is the problem the voyager and would I be better upgrading? To what?

Daft thing is been fiddling since it started working and changed it back to what the setting were ie auto channel (10) and 802.11 b/g/n while on line and it has stayed connected so far weird

Wait till I reboot it will probably fall over again

Any comment suggestions

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Voyager 1055 Hub2 issue

@Dougiej wrote:snip

Is the problem the voyager and would I be better upgrading? To what?

Any comment suggestions

I have been using a 1055 wifi adapter for 15 months with no major problems. While it is working keep using it.

It only works on g band and not n. You can still leave your hub set to b/g/n with no problems.

The issue you had was more than likely caused by wireless interference. You could always google for a download called "inSSIDer" and once installed run it. From there you will be able to see which wifi channel in your area is not over used and select that channel. Any more wireless disconnections should be a thing of the passed.

You will get something like: Mine is shown in red (ch6) while all others automatically select channel 1 . You will need to manually select a 'clean' channel via your hub manager.

Hope this helps

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Dougiej
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Ta

I'll give that a bash

Oh and it did fall over on reboot so have reset settings back to where it worked!

Still confused why Xbox and Laptop have no problem connecting but voyager does

0 Ratings
Dougiej
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Dowloaded that tool

Stable as a rock at -70 from HH but list of adjacent all show them as on channel 1

Should I change it or just leave as touch wood its working fine as is?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

If your still set to auto and using ch10 then all I'd suggest is change it to manual. If it was to drop for any reason and it was set to auto there is every chance it will choose ch1.

Also. Keep checking using inSSIDer every so often to check no one else is on the same channel as you. Most tend to use ch1 or ch11.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings