cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trueger1982
Contributor
746 Views
Message 1 of 23

WARNING FOR VISION SKY SPORTS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After being told i could cancel this at anytime when i added it on,i changed to

get it through my partners SKY cos it was better value as you get the full channels to Sky Sports4 .at the races etc.

 

Now when i noticed on the quarterly bill that i had been charged a extra month,i made a complaint and was told i had to

give them 30 days notice which i wasnt at any time.

 

I was told it was in the small print  ,blah blah, but this is the best bit when they actually cut off the sky sports for the last 30 days,which in effect i was paying for.

 

Basically very very poor,cant wait till contracts up to change,so be warned people!!!

 

 

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
masona2
Recognised Expert
741 Views
Message 2 of 23

Re: WARNING FOR VISION SKY SPORTS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


@trueger1982 wrote:

After being told i could cancel this at anytime when i added it on,i changed to

get it through my partners SKY cos it was better value as you get the full channels to Sky Sports4 .at the races etc.

 

Now when i noticed on the quarterly bill that i had been charged a extra month,i made a complaint and was told i had to

give them 30 days notice which i wasnt at any time.

 

I was told it was in the small print  ,blah blah, but this is the best bit when they actually cut off the sky sports for the last 30 days,which in effect i was paying for.

 

Basically very very poor,cant wait till contracts up to change,so be warned people!!!

 

 


Sorry? What do you mean by the above in bold?

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
trueger1982
Contributor
730 Views
Message 3 of 23

Re: WARNING FOR VISION SKY SPORTS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basicaly the 30 days notice ill pay for,was in effect cut off straight away.

 

so roughly £20 for a blank screen,  poor!!!

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
722 Views
Message 4 of 23

Re: WARNING FOR VISION SKY SPORTS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


@trueger1982 wrote:

Basicaly the 30 days notice ill pay for,was in effect cut off straight away.

 

so roughly £20 for a blank screen,  poor!!!


Its an error. You are entitled to that money back. Either ring them back or email the Mods, and they'll sort this for you.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Rachael42
Recognised Expert
718 Views
Message 5 of 23

Re: WARNING FOR VISION SKY SPORTS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i too would assume that the service should cease at the end of the 30 day notice period not before.

no trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
713 Views
Message 6 of 23

Re: WARNING FOR VISION SKY SPORTS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


@Rachael42 wrote:

i too would assume that the service should cease at the end of the 30 day notice period not before.


Yes.

 

But, in this case, the OP has given his 30 days notice, but then had the service cancelled straight away.

 

Which is not right. And the OP should ask for a bit of compensation too, for the hassle the OP has been put through.

 

And he'll get it, too.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
702 Views
Message 7 of 23

Re: WARNING FOR VISION SKY SPORTS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the OP has asked for his service to be cancelled now or a specific date but he has not given the required 28 days notice.  BT have cancelled the service on the date requested but charged for the notice period.  If the OP had been aware of the notice period as per T&C then he should have just deferred the cancellation date to the end of the notice period.  That way he would have had the use of the service during the cancellation period



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rachael42
Recognised Expert
697 Views
Message 8 of 23

Re: WARNING FOR VISION SKY SPORTS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you but I think where the confusion sometimes lies is when someone says I want  to cancel a service from a particular date, that service is cancelled from that date but because there is a 30 day notice period the charges still remain.

 

I think it might be a better idea when phoning to cancel is to start the conversation with I wish to cancel the service on (insert date 30 days into the future) thus giving you the 30 day notice period required. And then get that confirmed for you (maybe by email) that way the service should still be active during the notice period

 

anyway as masona says email the mods and maybe they can sort something for you.

 

 

no trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
696 Views
Message 9 of 23

Re: WARNING FOR VISION SKY SPORTS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


@imjolly wrote:

I think that the OP has asked for his service to be cancelled now or a specific date but he has not given the required 28 days notice.  BT have cancelled the service on the date requested but charged for the notice period.  If the OP had been aware of the notice period as per T&C then he should have just deferred the cancellation date to the end of the notice period.  That way he would have had the use of the service during the cancellation period


Err,

 

I actually understood every word of what you have posted above. Smiley Very Happy

 

But, we don't know that. Yet, if it did happen as you describe above, then the above should have been pointed out to him (re the service would still be live for 30 days). Agree?

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
684 Views
Message 10 of 23

Re: WARNING FOR VISION SKY SPORTS USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that when the OP phoned to cancel the service I would have expected to be told that there is a notice period of 28 days (albeit the OP is expected to know the T&C) and you will be charged for the notice period if you cancel service now.

 

I can't honestly see the mods having any success when OP has already said did not give the required 28days notice of cancellation  this is not just BT even SKY will charge if you do not give the required cancellation notice



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings