Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 38

WARNING to Max customers with BT Sport

Go to solution

For anyone who re-contracted BT TV Max with the PROMISE of FREE BT Sport. BT are attempting to charge us the full £3.50 monthly charge for BT Sport. I have now received my bill, and like some others have posted, BT are adding on a charge of £3.50 which I take as them breaking THEIR agreement with ME.

Please be aware of what they are doing and seek to rectify before it's too late.

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 38

Re: WARNING to Max customers with BT Sport

Go to solution

You can find my updated message here https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BEWARE-Max-customers-with-BT-Sport/m-p/1770294 after speaking with Billing. The guy confirmed that BT are to blame for the billing error and Max customers should not be billed for BT Sport.

0 Ratings
gillyallan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 38

Go to solution
Just checked and they also charged me. Been on to live chat and I'll be refunded and future bills addressed.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 38

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe

Why have you moved my post from the tv section? This is a warning for TV customers! Are you afraid they will see it in the correct section (TV) and demand refunds for being mis-sold? I added a similar post in Billing as I feel it is important that people who bought this through their TV package had as much opportunity as possible to see it. 

I look forward to you explaining why you want this hidden away from readers of the TV forum!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 38

Go to solution

Its a billing issue, not an issue with the YouView service or setting it up. Its not hidden, as a higher proportion of posts on this forum relate to billing issues, so its more likely to be seen anyway.

Posts in YouView = 38179

Posts in billing = 85884

See board header.

YouView Boxes

If you’re using BT TV on a YouView+ box, or on a YouView set top box from BT, post your queries around setup, recordings and BT TV On Demand here. YouView also have their own forum: http://community.youview.com for any non BT YouView questions.
0 Ratings
gillyallan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 38

Go to solution
If it hadn't been in the tv section I wouldn't have known about it. Also it relates to entertainment max.
I would have eventually noticed it on my bill but at least I've managed to nip it in the bud now. Thanks madrob
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 38

Go to solution

You're welcome @gillyallan

I hope the decision to move it here doesn't mean that people miss it. 

Quoting figures is one thing, but does that mean that all the visitors to the tv forum visit billing? From what I was told in my phone conversation this overcharging has been much complained about. I would respectfully suggest that if the post MUST be moved, which I still don't believe it should have been, would it not be better to have it moved but also duplicated in the tv section @Keith_Beddoe as it relates to people on the MAX TV package?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 38

Go to solution

@MadRob and @gillyallan Please can you send us over your details using the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile and we'll get this looked into. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO. Thank you.

Maybe it would be best for me to wait a day or two before I contact you? I was speaking to someone in Billing on Friday evening who said it would be taken care of and I should expect a call in a couple of days to confirm all was complete. He had to escalate it as he wasn't able to make changes at his end but did confirm I shouldn't have been charged.

If you would still like me to forward my details then I shall do so. Just let me know.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 38

Go to solution

@MadRob If you wouldn't mind we'd still like to take as look at this as we want to understand what went wrong. 

0 Ratings