I shall message you now.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
gillyallan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 38

Re: WARNING to Max customers with BT Sport

Go to solution
I'll leave mine as is, as live chat say they fixed mine. As with anything BT it's best not to let anyone near if Its working.
No offence to mods.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 38

Go to solution

I should also have used live chat. Obviously those guys are at the top of the food chain.

I rang instead, was put through to India, they argued I was wrong at first, then passed me to Retentions who passed me to Billing. They confirmed I shouldn't be getting billed for BT Sport on Max but were unable to sort it there and then. They told me it had to be escalated to fix it but assured me I'd get a confirmation phone call in a few days.

I've no issue with helping out the Mods. You never know what they might discover when they look into it.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 14 of 38

Go to solution

So far I have not been charged for BT Sport but it been just over 3 weeks since my last BT bill. I still get billed every 3 months  and pay £10 sometimes £15 a week towards the bill using the BT payment card.

Darren

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 38

Go to solution

I wasn't charged on my previous bill but this bill had a partial charge covering the period from August 1st even though my bill before that covered up to August 17th. It then went on to charge the full monthly price for August 18th to September 17th.

0 Ratings
Cazzy1987
Contributor
Message 16 of 38

Go to solution
This is what happened to me, we got charged for BT sport on the max package, the mods on here were brilliant. I never got calls back from customer service. Just mixed messages about how bt sport is now chargeable etc etc.

Fingers crossed on my next bill we don't get charged.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 38

Go to solution

I had a Mod call today who has taken ownership of my issue. He has said it is proving difficult to simply remove the charges and they are taking it 'offline' to deal with it. Definitely a good idea to check your next bills guys as I foresee more issues arising. This charge is appearing difficult to 'clear' so I'd hope that anyone who has been told it is sorted does in fact find that to be the case and that we don't have to dance around this next month again.

You must be very fortunate @gillyallan that live chat could fix yours so easily compared to the rest of us. You are blessed my friend Smiley Happy 

0 Ratings
Cazzy1987
Contributor
Message 18 of 38

Go to solution
I'm due my next bill 4th of September, so I will update if mine is fixed!

I was told on the phone originally what happened was bt sport should have been cancelled before max package was added. This didn't happen and led to two bt sports being on my account and the chargeable one couldn't be removed without it going to the offline team.

They did refund me straight away though! Just hope people spot it on their bill as I imagine its happened to a lot of people.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 38

Go to solution

Thanks for that @Cazzy1987. That's probably what has happened with me also. I will also update when I get a response from the Mod who has taken ownership of my case.

I would also hope that people don't miss this on their bills. I had also posted a warning in the 'Youview' section of these forums but it was moved here which I didn't agree with, especially when I already had opened a thread in the 'Billing' section.

0 Ratings
gillyallan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 38

Go to solution
Time will tell. I don't trust much BT say so even though live chat say they fixed it. I go back to recently BT fixing my phone line but breaking my Internet at the same time, so it's a roll of the dice.
0 Ratings