Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 38

Re: WARNING to Max customers with BT Sport

Go to solution

Just a little update guys. This charge removal must be proving very difficult as it's now been 48 hours since I got my initial call. Surely BT could simplify things for themselves somehow, their computer system must be beyond their understanding. Sky were bad in my time there but at least they were able to action any changes to an account instantly.

0 Ratings
MagicTorch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 38

Go to solution

Just received my bill for a period covering 25th July to 24th August. I too have been charged for BT Sport (full month from 25th August and part month for up to 24th August) despite subscribing to Entertainment Max which stated it would include it. Contacted online chat to try and sort it out, who said that the charge was introduced on the 1st August and suggested I contact the Options team to discuss a discount! Would appreciate assistance from a mod to sort this out.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 38

Go to solution

I was given the same duff info when I contacted BT about this wrongful charge. Does anyone at BT know what they are doing anymore? This business clearly needs to look at itself and make improvements from the ground up, starting with informing ALL their staff of their products and charges etc. This is a disgraceful way to treat LOYAL customers.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 24 of 38

Go to solution

@MagicTorch if you send over your details we'll be happy to help. You'll find the contact the mods link if you click my username. 

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 25 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @MadRob,

I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. I'm still working on getting this sorted for you and as soon as I have any updates I'll be in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 38

Go to solution

@DavidM

Got your message. Thanks for keeping in touch. You should tell the higher ups at BT to invest in some computers. They are a fantastic invention which make simple tasks like refunding wrongly taken money so very easy to do. The mind boggles at the inefficiency of BT to carry out such simple tasks. You Mods are really up against it when the systems you are expected to use are so 19th Century. Sky were never this bad, and that's saying something. 

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 27 of 38

Go to solution

I had to phone BT at lest 3 times this year about another problem and it all depends who you get on the phone for some seem ok and others dont seem very helpfull at all.

BT customer service via phone could do with being improved a little more.

Mods on here seem to be a big help.

Im due a BT bill in October so will not know till then if I end up being charged for BT Sport.

Darren

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 38

Go to solution

This is getting ridiculous. I now have correspondence written up for the regulator and BBC Watchdog which will be fired off by the weekend if this isn't resolved.

If I owed BT money they wouldn't give me this length of time to pay up. If this drags on then I'm looking at stumping up for another month of BT Sport which I've been confirmed a number of times now I should be getting FREE!

I'm fast losing any belief in BT having been a loyal customer for more years than I care to remember. We are being treated shambolically in my view. They quite simply don't have a clue what they're doing anymore.

For goodness sake employ someone with the intelligence to right a simple wrong. Press the buttons on that thing called a keyboard and sort it out for all the customers being affected, or soon will be when they get their own bills. I never had this trouble with Sky who were able to do things when you were on the phone with them.

You are a shambles BT with no regard whatsoever for your customers!

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 38

Go to solution

See the post by @JohnC2 here https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Charged-for-something-that-s-supposed-to-be-inclusive/m-p... which states "just to confirm for the community the incorrect charging of the BT Sport has been fixed today and you will be refunded the charges raised in error".

I now await my phone call for confirmation.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 30 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @MadRob,

I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. I've corrected the error on your account and arranged the relevant refunds. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused due to the error. Are you happy for me to close the case at this point?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings