cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyfenn
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

WASNT EVEN ORDERED!!!!!!!!

ok just been on the phone , seems my renewed contract didnt even go through, and youview box wasnt even ordered!

i got the earlybird email on the 19TH OCTOBER and i wont now get my youview box till 14TH novemeber !

i must have been on the phone 5 times just to renew my contract! 2 callbacks, 2 failed orders, i could have been here for weeks waiting for my new box!! yet i have to ring bt to find out?  

if this was my buisness iwould be personally driving the new box to my house ASAP to resolve this asap!  but no i have to wait a week????  for the new contract to kick in!

absolute joke comedy of errors, incompetent call centre staffwho know nothing!  ( ididnt even mention getting fobbed off to indian call centre a few times by young guy who didnt want to deal with my complaints)  one day bt will collapse as a company they are so off the ball its riduculous!  i

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Displaced_Geordie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: WASNT EVEN ORDERED!!!!!!!!

I know it doesn't help but it took four attempts for BT to get me my equipment which arrived today. Guess what, I got two Humax boxes and now I have to go though the rigmarole of sending one back! To add to the problems they never sent the Powerline plugs which were ordered with the first order!
0 Ratings
prog
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thought it was just me! Just sent an email to see why my second order attempt "due before 6pm the next day" still hasn't arrived a week later. Hope the experience improves once I actually get my box.....

0 Ratings
prog
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Well, second order never arrived. Starting to wonder if it's worth the bother......

0 Ratings
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I also renewed my contract and waited in vain to be contacted about a delivery date. Apparently it was all my fault (obviously BT are pitch perfect, as ever, in this matter) as I didn't actually say I wanted a YV box to watch the new service I'd asked to pay for.....silly old me, eh?

Anyway, I am now watching thru the new box and, having seen all the problems listed here, I am very very pleased - so far. A few minor content errors that I suspect are the fault of the individual content providers (the same items fail oevr and over but 19/20 work just fine every time.

I've mentioned it elsewhere but I'm really narked that I can't watch HD films on YV........as I said, I shall be requesting a monthly discount for that....unless they allow films to be downloaded quicksmart...you have to make allowances as it is a new toy to all after all.

Especially enjoying the HD freeview (what I really wanted it for, along with the extra capacity for recordings) however, it was a good job that I already connected my BTV thru HDMI as the cable provided is fail-on-fit(it's a very very cheap effort, no doubt they're all the same from HUMAX and not BT's choice particularly).

0 Ratings
prog
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Wonder if its possible to order online and get a transaction reference that can be tracked? After trying the phone route twice I'm not convinced the third time would be the charm!

0 Ratings
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

@prog wrote:

Wonder if its possible to order online and get a transaction reference that can be tracked? After trying the phone route twice I'm not convinced the third time would be the charm!

I rang up and complained and was immediately given a delivery date of yesterday *this was just last Thursday) and a couple of hours later I got a tracking number and my delivery arrived early yesterday morning....and the tracking was enable on Saturday, allowing me to gleefully track its' progress southwards over the weekend.......

I haven't tried to order online from BT - I always speak to a human being in sales as it is a lot easier to barter with a person that with a website form...and I ALWAYS get something for nothing....this time I got 'free delivery' as agesture of goodwill because the original order was omitted during the new contract process.....so thatnks, incompetent sales fella, you saved me...er....was it £7???

0 Ratings