cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 18

Re: WE SHOULD OF STOPPED WITH TALKTALK,WE ARE NOW BEING RIPPED OFF

It can't have been active, it can only be turned on from your end.
0 Ratings
mudturtle68
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

well it was active as it was 5 days ago and the operator said IT IS ACTIVE NOW so i phoned my mobile and my dughters and i got through

I DO NOT LIE,I HAVE NO NEED,The best thing is that we have been cut off now as our bill is outstanding,and we had a new gas meter fitted yesterday,i thought i would see what they had done and it was leaking really bad,i tried phoning national grid to tell them and it would not let me.my mobile was dead so i had to ask a neighbour

WHAT A JOKE

It can't have been active, it can only be turned on from your end. THATS ALL I HEAR FROM BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 18

@mudturtle68 wrote:

It can't have been active, it can only be turned on from your end. THATS ALL I HEAR FROM BT

Could it possibly be true? Call Barring is one of BT's Calling Features. Instructions how to turn it on and off are on page 4 here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
mudturtle68
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

Could it possibly be true? NO IT IS'NT

when i ordered it he said its active thats all i need to know i would NEVER call a mobile from a land line,i would walk there and tell them before i did its that expensive maybe i should upload the wav sound of the conversation,any way i have been contacted today so i will see what comes of this before i cause havoc

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 18

If everyone's telling you it can't be activated from BTs side take that as a clue.

you very well may have been told it was turned on for you but it can't have been on unless someone set it up on your phone. Maybe your daughter used the bt account number to get the pincode reset, do you havPDA password set up on your account?

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 18

Have you even tried to set it up? If you have Call Barring all you have to do to bar mobiles (and international calls) is enter *342#. You can then check it with *#34#. The PIN code is only needed to remove the bar.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
mudturtle68
Beginner
Message 17 of 18

If everyone's telling you it can't be activated from BTs side take that as a clue.

well from the phone calls i have made i presume no one there knows what they are doing and are employed as robots,i have got no where until i came on here,so theres a CLUE,i only came back to bt for the fibre and thats been a joke,if this was a rolling contract i would ot be here now and from what i can see a lot more would'nt either,i mentioned this on another forum and i recieved 34 emails today ?

any how like i say we will see what comes of this

0 Ratings
mudturtle68
Beginner
Message 18 of 18

i said to the operator that i want mobiles barring, i will never need it on again and he said i would have to deactivate it to phone mobiles i said superb if thats the case it will be on for the term of the contract he said yes,,,,,,end of story...no one knows the number except me
0 Ratings