Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abfabfemale
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

WEEK 16 of Broadband Misery!!!!!!

Hi Moderation Team

Your solution of capping my line at 1 mb has not worked! (don't worry I am grateful for 1 mb of constant speed - even when the rest of the country and the rest of the world enjoys faster speeds) I've wasted 1.5 hours this morning to get my broadband to work and am now working off the Vodafone dongle which had to be topped wasting yet more time.  I CANNOT understand how in this day and age and with the technology BT has that my service has diminished to nothing - tell me how can I run an internet based business?

I am aware that BT seems to have a policy of slowing down BB speeds of existing customers so that new customers get the new sooper dooper speeds, it's a bit like how the banks operate - new customers get all the deals.

PLEASE sort this out - I am at my whits end, and 4 months of dealing with BT High Priority Care Team and the Moderation Team in the past 6 weeks is getting a bit wearing.  I want to be able to run my business efficiently and effectively and get on with my life!

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: WEEK 16 of Broadband Misery!!!!!!

May be worth posting router stats and speed test

enter   (if hub)

192.168.1.254    in browser click A to Z top right

then   ADSL enter pas and click MORE DETAIL

Go to       http://speedtester.bt.com/
and post results

youn never know some one may have the answer

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

abfabfemale
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Cheers Hamish - don't worry have been recording speeds until I'm blue in the face!  At the moment no broadband at all.  when the speed tester won't work because the BB is too slow, I revert to speedtest.net.

have been dealing with the lovely Stuart mostly on the Moderation Team.  However, no one has followed up with me from BTCare with regard to my service today.

Have DM'd them on Twitter - will start going public on Twitter if no one gets back to me soon - have already been on Facebook.

I am just soooooooo fed up with an intermittant diabolical service that has detriorated since Christmas.  can't get any kind of compensation until the problem is fixed - what kind of customer service is that!

So am not a very happy bunny this AM.

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 15

BT type service I guess

Have you posted results here cause some time the best answers come not from BT

abfabfemale
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Not sure what anyone outside of BT can do, as have had every possible thing done at the exchange, migrated to a new port, type modification and a "lift and shift" - plus 2 visits from BT Engineers and yesterday line was supposedly capped at 1mb and have nothing. Refuse to call High Priority Care Team as you just go round in circles as no one understands you if it ain't on their script.
Other than starting to campaign every one in my street, creating a campaign website, involving media, my old contacts in the Telecoms regulation world and my new best friend's partner who is very high up in Sky to get publicity to get BT to pull their finger out and DO something!!!!! I will use every means possible as BT's complaints system is a JOKE!
As you can see I am not very happy with the service I am receiving.
Forum Moderators out there - speak to me!
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 15

You probably have the mods address but if not

forum.moderation.team@bt.com

abfabfemale
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Yep have already got the email address - will have to try them via my Blackberry - as haven't got email set up on laptop, as I hoped after 16 weeks that the problem would be sorted.  Alas no....

0 Ratings
abfabfemale
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Please can someone from the Moderation Team respond to my Posts!

No one has bothered to follow up with the status on the line cap at 1mb yesterday, which obviously has not worked.

After 16 weeks of misery I am desperate to get this sorted.

Please respond!

Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Re: Please can someone from the Moderation Team respond to my Posts!

did you email the mods as suggested by Hamish72 yesterday?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 15

Re: Please can someone from the Moderation Team respond to my Posts!

Did you get Sean's reply from yesterday?

Let us know, the connection was working when we tested it.

Ta,

Stephanie

0 Ratings