cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

WHEN IS MY BROADBAND GETTING CONNECTED

Can someone at bt please tell me when my broadband will be activated!!!
I ordered on the 23rd February with activation confirmed for 8th March. No one at bt bothered to call me to say the order had be failed so when I phoned on the 8 th wondering why my internet wasn't working it seemed like nobody had a clue. I was told I would have to wait 48 hours. 2 days pass no call no internet so I call bt again. This time the man I spoke to did not know anything about my order, he said there was a problem so placed a new order and said he would have broadband fitted and ready in 48 hours. We had a new phone line with different number to your credit the next day (10th March). Still the day after no internet when promised and nobody called me. Saturday 12th March I call up again this time I'm soo angry I have the call eacalated to the level 2 floor manager eventually. He tells me if it was a week day he could have me activated the same day, my question is why didn't that occur the previous 4 days. So I ask him when I can get activation he says it's saying 30th March which is 22 days after the order should have been activated. He also says he will expedite the order and that gives a date of 18th March but he said he'll try his best for Tuesday the 15th March, I ask if there was anything more as the service I received was awful. At this point the call turns sour I've never received service like that in my life. The gentleman insults my religious beliefs and threatens to cancel my order or make me wait till 30 th March, I know you record all your calls so check if you don't believe me. That day our phone line wasn't working so an engineer was booked for Monday14th March . On Monday I finally receive a call from bt saying that they were going to send an engineer on Tuesday 15th March between 1pm and 6pm and I was delighted to finally have it sorted. However Tuesday I get a call to confirm early in morning so everything is still ok. Tuesday 15th March 5pm no show of engineer I call bt to double check and they give me 100% gurantee the engineer will come by 6. 7 pm that day no engineer so I call bt for them not to know what's happened they tell me 48 hours and have placed a new order they told me someone would call Friday the 18th march( today) . It's now gone 8 and no call and no surprise no internet when I was told last Saturday it would be guaranteed today.
This is a genuinely watered down version of the true events. I have spent about 12 hours on the phone to double figured numbers of bts inbound call centre in India, with half that time spent of hold.
I am truly not a fussy or picky guy I understand faults happen but this is just not acceptable I feel lied to constantly and do not trust bt and when I try to explain that all they do is apologise, it's not good enough.
Bt have truly fined my morale and stressed me out and more than that I have taken about 5 days off work hence missing that pay.
I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHEN MY BROADBAND WOLL BE ACTIVATED!
I am at the stage where I have contacted my solicitors and ofcom and Am waiting for advice
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: WHEN IS MY BROADBAND GETTING CONNECTED

This is a customer help customer forum and your posts do not go to BT   only people who will be able to help Are forum mods who are BT employees  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Hi @Sahmed645,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your order. I'll be able to take a look at this for you and help you get back on line. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

In your profile or mine ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Mod profile

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 5/7 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

So your saying I must wait another 5/7 working days to get a response ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

If you want assistance through this forum then yes, you will need to wait your turn in the queue which at present is taking five to seven days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

An update to this, I phoned bt just now and the woman told me the earliest they can connect us is 13th April next month, and she said there's nothing else they can do. This is horrific from bt, honestly how can they get it soo wrong. If the 13th April is the case I will be cancelling
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

if you have not done so then I would suggest you complete the mod email as that is you best way forward.  once your email reaches top of inbox a mod will contact you by phone or email and will take personal responsibility until resolved

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

It would not matter who you moved to as the work has to be carried out by Openreach and your connection date will be the first available and it would be even longer if you cancelled and went to someone else as you would move to the bottom of the list again
0 Ratings