Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 202

WHERE IS OUR USAGE MONITOR BT

Go to solution

Hi,

Now this is a COMPLETE RANT!

I am FED UP with my teeth seeing people talk about being threatened by increase of bills or changing contracts to the next product up because their usage is more than the product they have paid into.

For example, BT Bullies Granny , BT Charging for excessive use and wait for it, Went Over Option 1 FUP.....How To Upgrade? All of this when, NO USAGE MONITOR exists on the BT Website.

This really frustrates me because people are being pushed by upgrading to the next option where there could actually be better deals, lets face it, if a product does not work with the client, why continue with that product - move on!  Im sure you would revert back to Heinz Beans compared to Tesco Value Beans a!

Another item that really frustrates me is how BT looks after it's customers, the lack of any compassion and bullying to make sure those who are struggling to pay bills on time get either cut off or phone numbers changed.  Also, increasing direct debit payments which do not match the persons circumstances of calls and line rental, ok maybe one month you spent £2 more than normal,does not constitue an increase your DD from £30 to £75 pcm hay!

BT, you seem to be spitting in our faces, YOU are serving us as customers in a very bad way, WE are trying to advise YOU how YOU can help us, PLEASE LISTEN TO US, give us a USAGE MONITOR, GET RID of the term UNLIMITED, it is not an industry term which includes FUP, TELL US what we are paying for, something easy to understand with NO SMALL PRINT.

LISTEN so we can all be heard!

CG

CG Over An Out
201 REPLIES 201
Philly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 202

Re: WHERE IS OUR USAGE MONITOR BT

Go to solution
^

+1
Brokk
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 202

Go to solution

It's true. An online usage monitor would be such a simple solution. It would immediately mark a significant proportion of threads here "solved".

dial1899
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 202

Go to solution

BT bought plus net in 2006/07.  Plus Net have had a broadband usage monitor in the control panel for many years.  Ergo, BT, which owns plus net, has one.

You just need to use the right 'flavour' of BT broadband!

Message 5 of 202

Go to solution

Hi Dial1899, cool name btw!

With most users, we do not want to use the BT Net Protect Software, although i use it on my machine and can see the amount of data that has been used, however whatabout my PSP, PS3, XBox, Iphone and other networked devices which can not install networking monitor software.

I am aware of other network providers CAN provide a usage monitor, however we can not mention those on this fortum which include Sky, Plus.net and others.

CG

CG Over An Out
submarinex1
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 202

Go to solution

ah yes the granny who blew her allowance looking at few websites and emails.

normal use you know quite easily that an xbox or pc is not going to blow a limit unless you have just downloaded x amount films or music or demos, in which case they tell you how big they are before you download them anyway so you cant download a 10g demo then say you didnt know it was 10g since every xbox demo and pc demo i have ever had tells you.

Highlighted
Owlie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 202

Go to solution

Think the way you wove the term Granny and blew her allowance should be classified as an offensive remark that sterotypes the older generation with limited resources as a legitimate target for ridicule.

Being old or elderly comes to us all eventually. . .

We all don't have the brain of our youths and this can be distressing. . . as can remarks from youths or the ill-mannered.

Pasha_Selim
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 202

Go to solution

@ComputerGeek wrote:

Hi,

Now this is a COMPLETE RANT!

I am FED UP with my teeth seeing people talk about being threatened by increase of bills or changing contracts to the next product up because their usage is more than the product they have paid into.

For example, BT Bullies Granny , BT Charging for excessive use and wait for it, Went Over Option 1 FUP.....How To Upgrade? All of this when, NO USAGE MONITOR exists on the BT Website.

And my post on the same subject that has not yet had a reply from BT.

Simple enough questions, politely put, but somehow ignored or forgotten.

What I suggest is you all write to your MP and complain. Copy the letter to OFCOM, and say that it is tantamount to being prosecuted for speeding, but not being shown the details and proof, and not being allowed to have a speedometer in your car. 

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Value Added Guest (Inspiring Not Aspiring)
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)

submarinex1
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 202

Go to solution

@Owlie wrote:

Think the way you wove the term Granny and blew her allowance should be classified as an offensive remark that sterotypes the older generation with limited resources as a legitimate target for ridicule.

We all don't have the brain of our youths and this can be distressing. . . as can remarks from youths or the ill-mannered.

well i have a friend who is 73 who spends alot time downloading flightsim planes, and playing on his xbox and internet and mail and ive yet to hear him complain hes gone over his limit.

your age comments have no meaning, since for one its not even the woman used in the example who has posted, shes not technicaly a granny either since it was his mother and bt did not bully her. and where does it sterotype anyone. and what has limited resources have to do with anything, nice try on a posh sounding post though. what we really need to do now is find a 90 year old who downloads 100g xbox demos and music a month who keeps being told hes over his limit and ask him how he feels.

have a look at www.downloads.com they do free stuff for pc and mac and its cnet so its safe.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 202

Go to solution

@submarinex1 wrote:

@Owlie wrote:

well i have a friend who is 73 who spends alot time downloading flightsim planes, and playing on his xbox and internet and mail and ive yet to hear him complain hes gone over his limit.

your age comments have no meaning, since for one its not even the woman used in the example who has posted, shes not technicaly a granny either since it was his mother and bt did not bully her. and where does it sterotype anyone. and what has limited resources have to do with anything, nice try on a posh sounding post though. what we really need to do now is find a 90 year old who downloads 100g xbox demos and music a month who keeps being told hes over his limit and ask him how he feels.

have a look at www.downloads.com they do free stuff for pc and mac and its cnet so its safe.

It is not the case of stereotyping or ageism that is the problem, the problem is BT a large worldwide organisation can not provide a utility to advise its customers there usage of broadband by day month or period, others can provide this, my mobile operator provides this so why not BT!

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings