Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager - Retired
Message 41 of 202

Re: WHERE IS OUR USAGE MONITOR BT

Go to solution

Hi everyone

I have some more details for you on the changes to the Fair Usage Policy and broadband usage monitor discussed in some earlier posts.

The monthly usage allowance for BT Total Broadband Option 2 and BT Infinity Option 1 customers has now been increased from 20GB to 40GB at no extra cost. This is now in place.

If you use more than the monthly usage allowance included in your broadband package, the additional usage charges are changing from November 1st 2010.  Additional usage will be charged at 5GB for £5 (instead of 1GB for £1).  If you find that you are likely to incur additional use charges, it may be worthwhile reviewing which broadband option you are on, details of the different monthly usage allowances can be found here.

In order to help you avoid additional use charges we will provide additional ways to monitor your allowance.  We will continue to email you when you’re getting close to your monthly usage allowance.  We are also launching our broadband usage monitor on 1st October 2010 – this will be an online tool which you can use to monitor your monthly usage.  I’ll have more details about this tool in the next few weeks and will post to let you know more once I have the info.

We have also increased the heavy user threshold from 100GB to 300GB after listening to customer feedback.  This means that the traffic management policy will only impact those customers who are driving exceptionally heavy usage – this is a small minority and accounts for less than 0.5% of our customers.  We will continue to monitor this policy.

If you want to read more about our broadband usage policy, please click here.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 42 of 202

Go to solution

So if an option 1 customer exceeds their 10gb by 1gb (11gb) they'll now pay £5 instead of £1  -  Nice, thanks BT !.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 202

Go to solution

Kerry, Applause all round!

djh22, the good thing is if you go over your 10gb, you dont need to worry, its will now hold a limit of 20gb, however i can see BT are following a similar pricing structure for what other operators use e.g. Iphone users have 750mb data and if over £5 for 5gb and so on.

So in some respect we are now better off

300GB is a DREAM!

cg

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 44 of 202

Go to solution

Hi cg,

Am I missing something ? Kerry said "The monthly usage allowance for BT Total Broadband Option 2 and BT Infinity Option 1 customers has now been increased from 20GB to 40GB at no extra cost. This is now in place".

As I see it ,BT Total Broadband option 1 has not been increased and still has an allowance of 10gb, so as I said "if an option 1 customer exceeds their 10gb by 1gb (11gb) they'll now pay £5 instead of £1" - ie; £5 per 5gb or part thereof.

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 202

Go to solution

@ djh22 it does seem that way m8. 😞 maybe its time to look at another package as they have doubled the quota for option 2 seems more value for money now.

£5 per 5gb or part thereof think this is implying that if you exceed 10gig allowance you may aswell use the whole 15gig as you will get charged for it.

If you find that you are likely to incur additional use charges, it may be worthwhile reviewing which broadband option you are on Think this would be option as its far more value for money

Infact dj if you look here at prices you may aswel upgrade as if you go over you will end up paying more than option 2 if you get me

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayCategory.do?categoryId=CON-TOTAL-BB-R1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 46 of 202

Go to solution

Hi Mike

Yea, just been doing my sums to and that's the way it's looking.

Very clever pricing really I 'spose.

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 202

Go to solution

yeah i would have said its to drive more sales aswell as keep its current customers happy. Not so good for the cheaper guys but great for the unlimited and option 2 guys. It really does seem that BT are listening to what we have to say glad i found this forum thanks kerry.

Mind you dj with the new usage monitor coming out you should be able to tell when your near your quota. maybe this will help and save you money 😉

0 Ratings
stevesevern
Beginner
Message 48 of 202

Go to solution

Thats fab news Kerry, as regards the heavy user threshold, thankyou. I came to bt after orange had capped our speed indefinately for going over 50gb, so 300 will take all the pressure off many people. I know some folk have said its difficult to reach 100 in a month, but it really does add up fast, especially for a family of 5. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 202

Go to solution

I monitor my usage from the Hub stats which have been pretty accurate over the past couple of months,I'm pretty sure I'll be within my 10gb allowance when my son moves out again,he likes to watch wrestling on Sky via his Xbox so I'll just have to charge him more in the meantime.

Seeing as they've put up Total BB option 2 to 40gb it's a pity they couldn't put up Total BB option 1 to 20gb.

0 Ratings
ChrisKtulu
Message 50 of 202

Go to solution
This really makes me happy that I came over to BT for my broadband reading what KerryG has wrote above. I mean I don't think i'd ever go near 100GB, let alone 300GB. But it's nice to know should I need the bandwidth it's there. 300GB is practically truly unlimited as far as i'm concerned!

I got threatened to be kicked from o2's access package for using 50GB in one month on an unlimited package, which they have now reduced to 20GB but are still selling it as unlimited. o2 are a joke as far as broadband is concerned and i'm taking them to ofcom for breaching their part of the contract I signed up for them with.

So far so good with the BT connection and my speed has improved seemingly by at least 1mbps!
0 Ratings