Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 51 of 202

Re: WHERE IS OUR USAGE MONITOR BT

Go to solution

@djh22 wrote:

Hi cg,

Am I missing something ? Kerry said "The monthly usage allowance for BT Total Broadband Option 2 and BT Infinity Option 1 customers has now been increased from 20GB to 40GB at no extra cost. This is now in place".

As I see it ,BT Total Broadband option 1 has not been increased and still has an allowance of 10gb, so as I said "if an option 1 customer exceeds their 10gb by 1gb (11gb) they'll now pay £5 instead of £1" - ie; £5 per 5gb or part thereof.

Yep, sorry you are right, DOH! thats not good for those on option 1! ;-(

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 202

Go to solution

Option 3 fair usage at 300gb Nice!!!!

When will this take effect?
(This announcement has just made me not cancel my BT Contract)

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 53 of 202

Go to solution

Yea, the TBB option 1 customers are defo the losers, me included.

Maybe BT have changed it and KerryG just forgot to mention it Smiley Wink

Perhaps She'll come back and verify how it will effect option 1 customers.

Del.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 54 of 202

Go to solution

@KerryG wrote:

Hi everyone

In order to help you avoid additional use charges we will provide additional ways to monitor your allowance.  We will continue to email you when you’re getting close to your monthly usage allowance.  We are also launching our broadband usage monitor on 1st October 2010 – this will be an online tool which you can use to monitor your monthly usage.  I’ll have more details about this tool in the next few weeks and will post to let you know more once I have the info.

Some good news all round, however my concern about how accurate the online tool is with regard the actual figure and when it was reached is still there.

As I have said seen many times (and not answered I'm afraid) the email received for either the option 1 folk 7GB (probably now 14GB) or the FUP 80/100GB are useless as they do not contain any details about how much over the figure or indeed when it was reached. Also it has been seen that the emails look to be sent many days after these figures are reached, making it a pointless email.

This needs addressing.

I do hope that the online system is going to be accurate.

I also note that yet again this "hidden" threshold figure is not on the usage policy - this needs to be addressed.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 55 of 202

Go to solution

Andy_N wrote:

Some good news all round, however my concern about how accurate the online tool is with regard the actual figure and when it was reached is still there.

As I have said seen many times (and not answered I'm afraid) the email received for either the option 1 folk 7GB (probably now 14GB) or the FUP 80/100GB are useless as they do not contain any details about how much over the figure or indeed when it was reached. Also it has been seen that the emails look to be sent many days after these figures are reached, making it a pointless email.

Hi Andy,

At the moment it looks like bad news for some as Kerry didn't say anything about Total BB option 1 customers, so as far as we are currently aware we still have a monthly allowance of 10gb and if we go over by say just short of 1mg we now pay £1 whereas  in November we will pay £5, upgrading only becomes financially adventagous if we consistently use more than 10gb over our allowance.

I agree the warning email is useless,I gave an example in another thread -

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Where-s-my-Fup-email-warning/td-p/38877

I had already exceeded my 10gb allowance by the time I got my 7gb warning email .

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 56 of 202

Go to solution
With a coupleof months left on option 3 that 300G if correct will probably keep me with BT but I do wish the hub2 a N band worked
If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 57 of 202

Go to solution

@djh22 wrote:

@Andy_N wrote:

Hi Andy,

At the moment it looks like bad news for some as Kerry didn't say anything about Total BB option 1 customers, so as far as we are currently aware we still have a monthly allowance of 10gb and if we go over by say just short of 1mg we now pay £1 whereas  in November we will pay £5, upgrading only becomes financially adventagous if we consistently use more than 10gb over our allowance.

Ahh yes, drat - I misread that as option 1 folk getting more as well. Seems like the option 1 package is perhaps getting on a bit and either needs to be scrapped or it too upped with usage.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 58 of 202

Go to solution

Yea , I had to read it a couple of times,could be that option 1 is outdated, I've pm'd Kerry for clarification just in case it was an omission on her part, I doubt it though. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 59 of 202

Go to solution
Plusnet do a 10gb option for £12.99 compared to BT at £15.99 so moving to them would offset some of the Fup charge.
0 Ratings
Redflake
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 202

Go to solution

My Gast is Flabbered Smiley Very Happy

Well done BT for listening to your customers.

Just shows that this forum can help to get results.

0 Ratings