Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 121 of 202

Re: WHERE IS OUR USAGE MONITOR BT

Go to solution

just keep popping back to the forum but I am sure Bt will announce it to customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 122 of 202

Go to solution

Only 22 days to go ,I wonder if KerryG will give us a sneak preview once Jim Smith and his team have worked their magic  ?

Del.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 123 of 202

Go to solution

that would be good - get some positive/constructive feedback

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 124 of 202

Go to solution

It's probably already on the test system, so a couple of screen shots maybe ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 125 of 202

Go to solution

@GeoffK wrote:
Please keep me informed about the usage monitor.

GeoffK

Hi Geoff.

Please remove the email address from your post (or maybe a Mod ....)

I would personally hope that BT will inform all folk of the changes - perhaps via an "email shot" with the relevant detail. I don't expect a mass service email costs that much to implement.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 126 of 202

Go to solution

I 'spose it could be like Plusnet's online monitor -

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/usage/vmbu.shtml#summaryPage

But who cares what it looks like so long as it's accurate.

0 Ratings
oz42
Beginner
Message 127 of 202

Go to solution

Although I've only just started using it and therefore can't vouch for it's accuracy over time there's a great, FREE, open source usage monitor here http://codebox.org.uk/bitmeterOs - worth a try (works on Windows, OSX and Linux and is viewed via a web page interface - looks really neat!)

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 128 of 202

Go to solution

Does it measure usage of periferals attached to the router  such as Xbox, Ps3 etc. though ?

0 Ratings
oz42
Beginner
Message 129 of 202

Go to solution
unfortunately it only records usage on the device on which it is installed
0 Ratings
homerhotspur
Aspiring Expert
Message 130 of 202

Go to solution

Looks as if I am going to be forced to upgrade to option 2 as we have just been charged £22 for 32 GB use in August. This is patently wrong but there seems to be absolutely no comeback or way to find out how  the alleged usage has been calculated.Also. am I right that you only get charged for the 2nd consecutive month of alleged over limit use so if we are under 10gb in September , then over in October we would not be charged even though we have been in the past?

As for the new usage meter, does anyone know if this will be a statement based on Hub usage rather than the main PC usage. We now have good usage meters on all 3 of our PC/Laptops and have only recorded approx 6gb against the 32gb charged.

Finally, I suppose nobody has had any success in trying to get BT to itemise or seriously investigate their usage stats?

0 Ratings