Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 202

Re: WHERE IS OUR USAGE MONITOR BT

Go to solution

@Andy_N wrote:

@ComputerGeek wrote:

Hi Andy,

Sounds like this is all brand new to BT.

Looking at the date '1st October' is about the same date as when the line charges increase, so I 'assume' that there will be some literature soon!

CG

It does seem like it's all brand new, yet the fup website has been updated for option 2 folk 40GB - so why not add the "unlimited" figure ?

It's so new that clearly the help and support desks are unaware of it (and the other amendments) - that's not at all good, as they are clearly giving out duff info.

Looking at the FUP link in the above threads i can see the Option 2 has been updated, like most things Option 3 will most likely stay as advertised Unlimited as before for 100gb per month.

I think 300 gb at the moment is far enough with an average usage of 10GB per day!

CG

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
wasugi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 102 of 202

Go to solution

ok.. i am on BT Infinity Option 2

where does it state i have had my usage upped from 100gb to 300gb

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 103 of 202

Go to solution

Option 1 still the same with only 10gig allowance

Option 2 BB from 20gig allowance to now 40 gig allowance

Option 3 BB from 100gig allowance to now 300 gig allowance

anything over the allowance in option 1 and 2 is charged £5 per 5 gig

hope that clears it up 😉

robinbredin
Aspiring Expert
Message 104 of 202

Go to solution

This is a copy from KerryG post on page 9,

Re: WHERE IS OUR USAGE MONITOR BT [ New ]

Hi Everyone

I’d like to clarify a couple of points that have been raised to me via private message.

The increase to the heavy user threshold from 100GB to 300GB is already in place now.

There is no change to the usage allowance for BT Total Broadband Option 1 customers – this remains as 10GB.  Additional usage for BT Total Broadband Option 1 customers will also be charged at 5GB for £5 (instead of 1GB for £1).  If you find that you are likely to incur additional use charges, it may be worthwhile reviewing which broadband option you are on, details of the different monthly usage allowances can be found here.  Or if you want to upgrade your broadband package you can find more information here

Thx

Kerry

0 Ratings
wasugi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 105 of 202

Go to solution

all i can see is

BT Infinity Option 2 Unlimited*

nothing about 300gb

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 106 of 202

Go to solution

@ wasugi bt infinity option 2 is now raised from 100 gig to 300 gig. The full usage policy used to be that it was 100 gig limit for unlimted BB package now it has been raised to 300 gig for unlimited. This was anounced from the Admin Kerry on the boards recently. Your right aswell when you say you cant find any information about it as others are having the same issue but Kerry has confirmed it. 😉

0 Ratings
wasugi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 202

Go to solution

thanks for the info

will see what happens when i get another email from bt telling me i am getting nearer to my 100gb user limit

0 Ratings
mcpaddy
Aspiring Expert
Message 108 of 202

Go to solution

although i'm ecstatic at the raise in the option 3 threshold, but would it not have been more logical to up the limit by the same ratio as the speed increase which is probally around 5x normal 8 mb speed putting the limit to 500GB just a thought i'd like to share.

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 109 of 202

Go to solution

Hi Andy_N

Based on customer feedback such as yours, we are currently reviewing how we clarify our policy around fair usage. We expect to publish this clarification shortly.

Thanks for your additional feedback.

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 110 of 202

Go to solution

@mcpaddy wrote:

although i'm ecstatic at the raise in the option 3 threshold, but would it not have been more logical to up the limit by the same ratio as the speed increase which is probally around 5x normal 8 mb speed putting the limit to 500GB just a thought i'd like to share.

While I agree that your suggestion would be very nice - for users on faster connections to have a higher usage quota - the economics don't work like that.

A major cost to the ISP is the data shifted by its users. That cost is the same, whether it's used at 40Mbps Infinity speeds or at 1Mbps from the end of a very long ADSLMax connection.

0 Ratings