Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 202

Re: WHERE IS OUR USAGE MONITOR BT

Go to solution

@Pasha_Selim wrote:

@ComputerGeek wrote:

Hi,

Now this is a COMPLETE RANT!

I am FED UP with my teeth seeing people talk about being threatened by increase of bills or changing contracts to the next product up because their usage is more than the product they have paid into.

For example, BT Bullies Granny , BT Charging for excessive use and wait for it, Went Over Option 1 FUP.....How To Upgrade? All of this when, NO USAGE MONITOR exists on the BT Website.

And my post on the same subject that has not yet had a reply from BT.

Simple enough questions, politely put, but somehow ignored or forgotten.

What I suggest is you all write to your MP and complain. Copy the letter to OFCOM, and say that it is tantamount to being prosecuted for speeding, but not being shown the details and proof, and not being allowed to have a speedometer in your car. 

I recently complained to BT via Otelo regarding its marketing tactics of Unlimited and also the straming of video (you know the advert where Adam tried to view his stag videos at one of his friends and fails and works well at his??) and belive that it has been pulled http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadband/359779/ofcom-finally-tires-of-fantasy-broadband-speeds and http://www.broadband-expert.co.uk/blog/bt-broadband/claims-of-instant-internet-gets-bt-advert-pulled...

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 202

Go to solution

I just don't get it !

We the customer want it,BT can provide it (proved by Plusnet) so what's the hold up ?

It would be nice if they would even just comment on the subject.

Del.

Message 13 of 202

Go to solution
Del,

You are 100% right!

I find majority of my posts are ignored when someone else creates a new topic there is an instant response!

Cg
CG Over An Out
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 202

Go to solution

According to BT I have supposedly used 4Gb over my limit during the period of 1st to 30th June for which I have been charged £4 on my bill dated 6th August so I emailed BT and asked for evidence that I had actually used 14 Gb during that period.

I have just received a reply from BT saying that they can not provide the evidence I require, so I have respectfully requested a refund of the £4 charged for additional broadband usage.

Del.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 202

Go to solution

Good news this morning, BT have agreed to refund the £4 charged for extra BB usage as a good will gesture.

Del.

Brokk
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 202

Go to solution

An interesting outcome!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 202

Go to solution
Del, too **bleep** right how dare they charge without providing you with a monitor what a disgrace! Power to the people
CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 202

Go to solution

It is interesting. I did say in my "thank you" email that the refund would not have been necessary if my daily BB usage was stated on my online account in the same way as my call usage is.

On the other hand I guess it might be better to keep getting the refunds Smiley Happy

Not sure how the folks on unlimited that are being capped would manage though .

Del.

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 19 of 202

Go to solution

The implementation of a usage monitor must have been discussed by BT internally, so the lack of a response on these forums about it probably means the idea has been officially rejected. Reasons? Most likely profit, it's much easier to exceed usage limits when you don't know how much you have used.

Solution? I can only think it would be for OFCOM to force the issue as I prompted here: http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/BT-should-implement-a-usage-monitor/td-p/25051

It's a very poor show on BT's behalf though.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 20 of 202

Go to solution

Hi CG/All

I just wanted to give you an update on the feedback we have seen from you all about the FUP and requests for a broadband usage monitor. 

In my last post on this topic I let you know that your feedback was being passed on and BT were actively reviewing this policy.  I'm pleased to be able to let you know that we've listened to your feedback and will shortly be introducing a broadband usage monitor on http://www.bt.com. This will allow you to check how much of your usage allowance you have left at any point in the month. We’ll be keeping our existing reminder emails, giving you total control of your broadband service. We’ll also be making some changes to our FUP which will be announced soon.

I don't have any further details on either of these at the moment, but I wanted you to know that we do hear your feedback and things will be changing.  I'll post more details as soon as I get the info.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.