Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 202

Re: WHERE IS OUR USAGE MONITOR BT

Go to solution

@KerryG wrote:

Hi CG/All

I just wanted to give you an update on the feedback we have seen from you all about the FUP and requests for a broadband usage monitor. 

In my last post on this topic I let you know that your feedback was being passed on and BT were actively reviewing this policy.  I'm pleased to be able to let you know that we've listened to your feedback and will shortly be introducing a broadband usage monitor on http://www.bt.com. This will allow you to check how much of your usage allowance you have left at any point in the month. We’ll be keeping our existing reminder emails, giving you total control of your broadband service. We’ll also be making some changes to our FUP which will be announced soon.

I don't have any further details on either of these at the moment, but I wanted you to know that we do hear your feedback and things will be changing.  I'll post more details as soon as I get the info.

Thx

Kerry

(my bold)

And my jaw hits the floor!!

(and it's not the first time - is it Kerry).

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Message 22 of 202

Go to solution
Kerry,

This shows that bt is finally listening to it's customers, can nit thank you enough fir letting us know.

We would be most grateful if you can update us on this subject!

Thanks again

Cg
CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 23 of 202

Go to solution

Hi CG

I was really pleased to be able to share the news with you all. 🙂

As mentioned, that's all the details I have for now... but as soon as I know more I will be sure to pass it on to you guys.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 202

Go to solution

Brilliant news, I just wondering at what cost though, could the FUP changes mean that BT will increase the cost of extra Gb, I see Plusnet charge £5 per 5GB, not sure if that includes per part of 5Gb though.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 202

Go to solution

@KerryG wrote:

Hi CG/All

I just wanted to give you an update on the feedback we have seen from you all about the FUP and requests for a broadband usage monitor. 

In my last post on this topic I let you know that your feedback was being passed on and BT were actively reviewing this policy.  I'm pleased to be able to let you know that we've listened to your feedback and will shortly be introducing a broadband usage monitor on http://www.bt.com. This will allow you to check how much of your usage allowance you have left at any point in the month. We’ll be keeping our existing reminder emails, giving you total control of your broadband service. We’ll also be making some changes to our FUP which will be announced soon.

I don't have any further details on either of these at the moment, but I wanted you to know that we do hear your feedback and things will be changing.  I'll post more details as soon as I get the info.

Thx

Kerry

Thanks.

However, there is *no* usage allowance for Option 3 folk - so what will it actually give ?

I am hoping it will actually say how much has been used, rather than how much is left. The useless emails say how much has been used *but only more than a certain amount", not when or by how much, or how much is left from the FUP of 100GB.

Also - how up to date will the figures be ? E.g. usage up to the day before ?

adamwebb28
Contributor
Message 26 of 202

Go to solution
Finally! I've been looking into routers that have built in usage monitors, this should save me a few quid! Lets hope they increase the rediculous 100gb limit on option 3 now!
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 202

Go to solution
Does anyone know what info Plusnet's monitor gives ?
0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 202

Go to solution

@djh22 wrote:
Does anyone know what info Plusnet's monitor gives ?

Some details at:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/usage/vmbu.shtml

strontium90
Expert
Message 29 of 202

Go to solution

I'm surprised...good news though and kudos to BT for listening to their customersSmiley Very Happy

m0aur
Beginner
Message 30 of 202

Go to solution

I will bet the changes to the FUP for Option 3, will be the removal of the word 'Unlimited', and the introduction of a fixed rate as with Option 1 and 2.

0 Ratings