Go to solution

Agree, now im a happy customer Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
iainkirk
Contributor
Message 62 of 202

Re: WHERE IS OUR USAGE MONITOR BT

Go to solution

Option 1 is for LIGHT USERS and always has been.

If you want more than Option 1, upgrade to Option 2.

There is no need for BT to increase the limit on Option 1.

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 202

Go to solution

@iainkirk wrote:

Option 1 is for LIGHT USERS and always has been.

If you want more than Option 1, upgrade to Option 2.

There is no need for BT to increase the limit on Option 1.

Totally agree!

If you think you are going to go over the 10GB, move to another supplier who can provide you with a service that is cheaper for you and provide more usage.  There are many suppliers that can do this, although they may be basic, they can do the job!

However, if you are not computer literate and you have spyware / virus or something has caused your machine to upload / download more data that you thought of then this can be a problem!

cg

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 64 of 202

Go to solution

I'm on Option 1 and normally 10 mg is ample for my usage,just now I have my son staying with me until his new home is ready to move into, so during his stay my usage just goes over my allowance and we are happy to pay the extra £1 or two, in November this will increase to £5 if we go over by just 1gb.

Old and grumpy I may be, but I wouldn't consider myself computer illiterate.

Del.

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 202

Go to solution

As you said before Dj it seems the only thing you can do is charge your son an extra £5 which sucks but im sure if you told him that BT have raised the cost he would not have a problem with this. wrestling or no wrestling ? sounds like to me he would choose wrestling lol

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 66 of 202

Go to solution

Yea, he will cough up that's not a problem at all. I'm just thinking of other customers in the same sort of situation, that could consistently go over 10gb by just 1 or 2 gb, they would now pay 1 or 2 quid, but in November they will pay £5 minimum even if they go over by just 1 gb.

If for example the customer is on Talk & surf plus @ £15.99 per month,it only becomes financially worth moving up to option 2 if they consistently use 10 gb or more each month.

Del.

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 67 of 202

Go to solution

Yeah i see what your saying mate be nice even to have it raised to 12 gig. Has Kerry confirmed that option 1 is staying the same?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 68 of 202

Go to solution

@djh22 wrote:

I monitor my usage from the Hub stats which have been pretty accurate over the past couple of months,I'm pretty sure I'll be within my 10gb allowance when my son moves out again,he likes to watch wrestling on Sky via his Xbox so I'll just have to charge him more in the meantime.

Seeing as they've put up Total BB option 2 to 40gb it's a pity they couldn't put up Total BB option 1 to 20gb.

You also need to remember that your hub stats will reflect any usage of BT vision, Talk or Digital Vault, none of which are included in your allowance.

As for option 1, BT are adopting a policy of steering people towards more expensive packages just as they did when they moved the evening call threshold to 7pm. The good news is that if you go a little over you will now have a monitor to make sure you can get best use out of the rest of the 5g.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 69 of 202

Go to solution

guilbo wrote:

As for option 1, BT are adopting a policy of steering people towards more expensive packages just as they did when they moved the evening call threshold to 7pm.

Really?

Where can we read about this snippet?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 70 of 202

Go to solution

It's intuitively obvious. When they moved the call threshold to 7pm their spokespersons' answers to any question on the subject was "This isn't a price increase. Customers can now get free calls at any time by buying our £4.99 anytime package". So they were clearly trying to steer users towards the more expensive package. Option 1 has now become less attractive in a very similar way.

0 Ratings