cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris1471
Contributor
Message 1 of 60

WOO HOO - Just got upgraded to adsl 2+

OK so I been getting 8 meg for years now and the IP profile on my line is 7150kbps

I just rang them as the engineers just told me they finished changing the circuits in my exchange and i can now get 20mb. He said my line should easily handle 15-16mb so I would be REALLY happy with that.

Here is my stats from the router - is he correct?

ADSL line status
Connection Information
Line stateConnected <script type="text/javascript"></script>
Connection time1 days, 02:36:13
Downstream8,128 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.1 Annex A
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)13.5 dB / 26.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)21.2 dB / 12.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)12.4 dBm / 1.7 dBm

Is he right that i will get 16mb? I dont understand any of the above lol!!

Also has anyone faced any problems when switching over. the guy on the phone said the changes will be done overnight and tomorrow i should see about double the difference in speed?

Thanks for any replies guys 🙂

0 Ratings
59 REPLIES 59
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 60

Re: WOO HOO - Just got upgraded to adsl 2+

you can check here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php  you need to add 2/3 db to your attenuation as 21CN will be that much higher.

There is an interuption in service for about 10/15 min when your line will go dead as change over is made.

Read the forum about 21CN upgrade - not all sweetness and light.  there are plenty of problems but you may be lucky

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kris1471
Contributor
Message 3 of 60

Thanks ImJolly

I cannot post a speedtest just yet as the engineer did one within the last hour which was pretty good. But here are some more stats that i just saw when pressing more deatils.

ADSL SettingsVPI/VCI0/38TypePPPoAModulationG.992.1 Annex ALatency typeFastNoise margin (Down/Up)13.6 dB / 26.0 dBLine attenuation (Down/Up)21.2 dB / 12.0 dBOutput power (Down/Up)12.4 dBm / 1.7 dBmLoss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 2CRC Errors (Down/Up)95 / 33HEC Errors (Down/Up)110 / 4Error Seconds (Local/Remote)

74 / 20

Don't know what the errors and stuff are but is it normal? So i wont be getting 16mb your saying? I hope this isn't the case because i just agreed to another 12 months lol =\

Also I don't know what i am supposed to enter into the site you gave me lol? Sorry but i really am a noob at these things.

0 Ratings
Responder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 60

Hi Kris,

Looking at your ADSL Line Status, you are still receiving 8Mb (actual 8.128Mb)

If you look at the line that says "Downstream", that is the speed at which you are loading websites at.

I doubt that your "Upstream" will change much. Upstream is when you are uploading images/webpages etc to a website, FaceBook, ftp server.

However, as the engineer said, the change over will be overnight. So, take a look at the information tomorrow.

Enjoy your new faster speed when you get it. You will notice a difference.

0 Ratings
kris1471
Contributor
Message 5 of 60

Thanks Responder I really hope so too 🙂
0 Ratings
kris1471
Contributor
Message 6 of 60

Sorry just 1 more thing guys, do I need to reset my hub now for the new speeds to happen and for my hub Manager to show the new stats?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 60

just leave the router it will sort itself out - your upload speed will double from 448

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Responder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 60

You're welcome Kris.

Thanks imjolly, wasn't 100% sure about the upstream.

0 Ratings
kris1471
Contributor
Message 9 of 60

WOW thanks guys - so the upload speed will go up to about 80kbps also??

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
6358 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 6358 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

well this is what i am getting right now. Which is very VERY good compared to what is has been the last 2 months and the circuit change has definately made things better. I would of been happy with this without upgrading but the engineer said it will be worth it.

@ Imjolly - on that site you gave me which DB part do i put in as there are 3 DB sections in the router stats. The lowest one I got was for 16MB on the site and it said the IP profile would be 16000. Man I would be so happy if that really did happen lol!! 

Cant wait to check my line tomorrow morning now lol!!

Thanks again guys!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 60

if it goes well then your down attenuation will probably increase to about 24 which if you enter in website give about 18mb on good line - but remember 21CN is very aggressive on noise - read the posts on here.  by the way my upload is 1063db

0 Ratings