cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 1 of 34

WTF BT Came Out To Speed Up Infinity2, Now The Speeds Are Even Worse Than Before!

Go to solution

Had a BT broadband engineer come out on Saturday to rest the IP Profile and lift the DLM accourding to the call centre after he finished it was running at 38.09 - 39Mb down and 6. something up which would have done as atleast i would have been just 6MB out on the download and 2Mb out on the up from what i was promised.

Now the IP Profile is the best it has ever been and only 6.6Mb out from the promised 45.9Mb download, The engineer said the line has a good copper pair and no errors on the line what so ever, i done a speed test and was getting 38 - 39Mb download and 6. something up while i wanted to get nearer to the 40Mb download.

The engineer went down to the exchange to see it there was a cap on the line, I was thinking to myself after i had a chill pill that wasn't bad so i'll just get the netgear when it is released and would just leave it at that PS i have not got the netgear yet it's all BT's **bleep**.

Later that day i done a speed test and the download speed was 28Mb thats the worst its ever been and even today it's 28Mb that from BT SpeedTester and Speedtester.net this is taking the **bleep**ing **bleep** now WTF have they done Now this is taking the **bleep**ing **bleep**.

WTF is happening these guys are taking the **bleep**!

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Re: WTF BT Came Out To Speed Up Infinity2, Now The Speeds Are Even Worse Than Before!

Go to solution

Hi Enigma123

Sorry to read of the experience you have had.

Send us an email using the contact us link in my profile and we can investigate this for you.

You can find the contact us link in the section 'About Me'

Thanks

Stuart

Expert
Message 3 of 34

Re: WTF BT Came Out To Speed Up Infinity2, Now The Speeds Are Even Worse Than Before!

Go to solution

Ok cool StuartH i've sent you an email.  Thanks in advance for taking this on, Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 4 of 34

Go to solution

WTF is going My IP Profile is the lowest its ever been my IP Profile is now 30Mb They said BT Wholesale is going to rest the line now after the rest the IP Profile has plummeted and the speed is still 27Mb. I would have been better off not saying anything about speed issues this is taking the **bleep**ing **bleep** since the day of the install on the 23 of May and now we are in the middle of June WTF. How the **bleep** does BT keep it's customers. As soon as everyone else gets FTTC i'm gone!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 34

Go to solution
just leave it with the mods they will get it sorted out for you
Expert
Message 6 of 34

Go to solution

I think i may have a good OpenReach engineer at last! Connection at my house 29Mb download and 5. something upload the Speed over the road where the line comes from the ground 43Mb download and 8.5Mb upload.

That sounds so much better,the engineer recons there is a high resistance break in the line as i have told every engineer since day one that some times there is crackling on the line sometimes either from the pole to the house or pole to pole, So the Openreach engineer that i had out on Saturday Lied out of his ass! As there were faults on the line so who do you believe if some of the Openreach engineers are just openly lieing to you. Someone some where must think im a Mushroom keeping me in the dark and feeding me On Bull **bleep** to you. 

The engineer today Monday the 18th has gone out to do another job as the pole is an old pole and due to BT's nice restructuring can't be climbed as someone else needs to test it this is true i know the pole couldn't be climbed my friend and my brother inlaw told me that a good couple of years ago.

So i'm going to believe him on the speed that he said he was getting in the ground about 50yards from my house, this guy seem to be complete old school BT engineer don't know whats going to happen when their all gone. So we have to wait until the Cherry Picker comes round later today.

Fingers crossed It gets sorted once and for all! Will update this thread and any other that i have started so someone that may be experiencing the same problems may have at least a starting point to go off of.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 34

Go to solution

I'd be chuffed with 28Mb, I get an average of about 3Mb on a good day 

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 8 of 34

Go to solution
My connection on ADSL wasn't bad as I only lost 3Mb max, so I'm not going to be short changed BB. Well the Cheery Picker came out and he swapped the pair, I'm getting near 40MB with only about .3 out but it still remains to be seen if this will hold out three days later. I can't do a BT speed test at the mo as I done it not to long ago so got to wait to see what the profile is.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 9 of 34

Go to solution

Right on the BT speed test website the Speed is 38.89Mb download and 6.07Mb upload, the IP Profile is 40.92 max profile for download and 20 max profile for upload. So now is a three day waiting game to see what happens to the speed of the line!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 34

Go to solution
If there's no fault I doubt much will happen, but you'll be in sync at around 42.5meg with that IP profile.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’