cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 34

Re: WTF BT Came Out To Speed Up Infinity2, Now The Speeds Are Even Worse Than Before!

Go to solution

my infinty was supposed to be upgraded to infinity 2 but is slower than it was before and keeps dropping out

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 12 of 34

Re: WTF BT Came Out To Speed Up Infinity2, Now The Speeds Are Even Worse Than Before!

Go to solution

I hope it doesn't falter Webby as i am happy with that 39-40 or 40 odd, that's what i expected realistically when they promised speed of 45.9Mb, hopefully the IP Profile goes up a tad as i'm very close to hitting the max,well i have on one speedtest and the line went spastic and dropped down rapidly then came back to 39.66, so i might be getting through put at some stage if it increases? 

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 13 of 34

Go to solution

My IP Profile is now stable and my over all speed is a nice level graph.

But it's only been nearly 24hours but it looks promising, After 6 engineer visits three where infinity engineers it was the last infinity engineer that sorted the problem and said there were errors on the line all the other engineers said the line was perfect. So Note to everyone if your quoted speed is 10Mb - 11Mb down from the promise you could have a problem. 

I found out later that day from my brother in law that the guy that turned up happened to be the coaching engineer for my area, my brother in law suspects he done a rat test on the line, to find out that there was a high resistant break.

PS the sign for me was some times the line would crackle this is what was reducing my speed and my IP Profile as it introduces noise on the line, I told all the other engineers but all of them left apart from the coach who wasn't prepared to leave until it was sorted and investigated all the overhead cables outside the property until it went back into the ground.

Tomorrow i suspect will be the test to see if this holds out.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 14 of 34

Go to solution

Well that was too good to be true the speed is slowly returning to what it was Cat Mad just as i thought everything was going well pings have doubbled speed has gone down 3Mb to 4Mb this is a **bleep** take!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 34

Go to solution
IP profile?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 16 of 34

Go to solution

The IP Profile hasn't moved and has been at 40.92 for the three days first day i got 39 thats fine thats near enough for me to the qoute then second day i squeed 41Mb out the line now then it was a consistant 39. something Mbs to 40Mb all i can get is 37Mb this is what started to happen last time and it just continues to go down hill after that from what i have had in the past.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 34

Go to solution

Wow...you're complaining about throughput?

Throughput is not always as it depends on network load, the location of the server along with many other variables. It's a very small snapshot of network performance at the very time you run the test.

The good thing, and what you should be really concerned with at the moment is that your profile has remained the same so the physical connection (that the engineers sorted out) isn't causing any issues.

I see speedtests varying from 5 to 75meg depending on the site that I test from. I know there's not a problem with the connection because I get 9.8Mbit/s downloads all day every day when using newsgroups.

Aside from that, as a user you'd never ever notice any difference in the performance between 41meg and 37meg other than speedtests. In fact I'd go as far to day 98% of the population wouldn't tell the difference between 6meg and 60meg if speedtests didn't exist.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 18 of 34

Go to solution

Probably not but today is a very nice day what will happen to the connection with a few enviromentals in the mix but my big bug bear is that what they said i would get is way off now 5Mb to 6Mb i can accept but now it's starting to go back to the 10Mb loss i dont like paying for something i'm not getting, Last time the speed just kept slowing down and this seem to be what is happening again though, The graph on Speed.net is now as choppy as you like for the past two days the graph has been a near flat line and now there are peaks all over the place 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 34

Go to solution
The speed you're quoted is the sync speed not the throughput speed.

Your previous loss was caused by a faulty line and the sync speed was all over the place.

Speedtest.net is a crock, I never use it. Try www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk - I've found it much more reliable.

Use the service for what you want to use it for, you'll see that it works. Don't get hung up on speedtests buddy. If you can view a webpage you want, watch a video or listen to music all without problem why be bothered that it's not maxing out all the time?
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 20 of 34

Go to solution

Hi mate i'm getting Download Speed: 36635 kbps (4579.4 KB/sec )   Upload Speed: 6345 kbps (793.1 KB/sec ) 

No way is that 45Mb? BT's site say 36Mb now i must be on one this morning i'm confuesed.com!

0 Ratings