cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
revocomputers
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Waited a year for BT to fix my Broadband and I'm still waiting!

I've been waiting a year for BT to fix my Broadband, everything points at a bad connection on my line, but BT don't have the equipment or knowhow to fix it!

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/BB-disconnects-when-phone-rings-had-18-BT-visi...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
raymie67
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Waited a year for BT to fix my Broadband and I'm still waiting!

hey I have just been told that despite my broadband dying each time the rain ia heavy for the last 6 years that there is not a fault on my line and it is excellent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
revocomputers
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

I think BT got scammed when they bought their test equipment lol,  they would be much better off with a router and a laptop, then they could test the lines properly.

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 4 of 4

the last few testers that were here were the ones that included a broadband connection, they tend to connect lower than a standard router (or at least one that is good for long lines) but they do connect and test the line that way.

problem I have and you also by the looks of your routerstats is that unless they are testing while the intermittent issue is there then they just pass it off as no issue and fail to investigate what has been seen and will be seen again when the conditions are there that cause the problem.

Much like the sub standard thinking behine the 151 line test, testing a small fraction of the freqenices for less than a second is hardly a comprehensive line test and is really only of use when there is a permanement issue and possiblyl really only when it is as severe as a broken line

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings