cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 12

Waiting for Broadband infinity for probably about 3 years

Go to solution

Hi was wondering about this problem where we dont have the best internet at all where we stay which is in Carmunnock, Glasgow. We have heard for about 3 years that it was going to be fitted in but still havent seen any progress? 

So the question i am asking is When or do you know when this might be happening? 

really could use the faster internet!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Waiting for Broadband infinity for probably about 3 years

Go to solution

enter your phone number and post reults  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for replying here are the stats:

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3--2.5 to 6.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 3--2 to 5.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available
Fixed Rate1----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------31-Dec-14
Copper Multicast------Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Where planned or expected availability dates are shown, these may be liable to change.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Ok i have found out that apparently Bt have installed Fibre optic lines from the exchange to where i live, but couldn't get planning permissions to fit in the boxes or some sort, So now the question is when that will be happening. Hopefully Someone can answer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

You do not show a cabinet number. Did you delete it or if it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only(EO) line. This means you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange.

Sometime in the future Openreach may install a cabinet out side the exchange and this will allow EO lines to connect to a cabinet. This however is not high on their priority list so may take some time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply,

there was no cabinet number given, but as i said i think the have connected fibre optic up to where i live but there are no cabinets i think because of planning permissions. but i am wondering what is taking so long for a simple yes or no. unless we already have cabinets and i dont even know. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

The cabinet number refers to the "normal" phone cabinets not the Fibre cabinets. If you don't have a cabinet number showing it means you are on an Exchange Only line.

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Ok thank you. but all i am really wanting to know is when these junctions will be getting installed There is faster internet. Been told so many times that its the beginning of the year for 2 years now i think. Thanks for you help though bud

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

and i am not to sure what Fibre Multicast is? Please can i get an explaination? Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

If there are planning issues then be prepared to wait a long time for any cabinets to be installed.

Is the area being upgraded to FTTC or FTTP - the latter may explain the absence of the cabinets.