cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Waiting for email confirmation of BT Infinity order.

Go to solution

Hi, 2 days ago I signed up for the BT Infinity Extra package and some changes to my phone package (which was already with BT - broadband was with Sky).  I ordered this over the phone.  The very helpful agent promised to send me an email confirming my order and also something to do with the sport app.  For some reason he had a very old non-working email address for me so I had to read out my current email address (which is where I suspect the problem lies), even tho' BT obviously has my correct address as that is where my phone bills are sent to!

I have found it impossible to phone and speak to someone about this as the automated system kicks in when I give my phone number to give me tracking information for my order (at least it is going through).  i would obviously like to have in writing exactly what I have signed up for.  I did try going through chatting online to an operator but all I got was an email of our conversation!

Any advice gratefully received and sorry this is so long-wnded!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Waiting for email confirmation of BT Infinity order.

Go to solution

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here, once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.

Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help.

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.

mod contact.JPG

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

While you are waiting for the mods to investigate you can also see just the order summary on-line.

See  Track my order

They should hopefully be able to re-send the full order confirmation to the correct email address eventually. As you say, when agreeing to a new contract it's an important document with all the package details, costs and terms. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Squeezebox,

Welcome to the community forum. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Paddy - I have sent you the details via the contact form as requested.

Kind regards

Brian.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Still no email confirmation tho' I do have a reference number from the community forum.  However, the good news is I've just received a load of stuff through the post detailing costs, what I've ordered, confirmation of engineer's visit date etc.  The only slight "problem"? is that although BT Answer 1571 is listed under my calling features (which I requested) it does not appear on the projected monthly charges?

One other slightly off topic question - does watching BT sport live on the computer count towards monthly data usage - I think I've seen mixed info. about this.  My current download speeds don't allow for anything like this but obviously I'm hopeful with BT fibre this would become an option.

Thanks

Brian.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
BT Sport does not count towards usage
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks John, much appreciated.

0 Ratings