cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Waiting for phone number back - dreadful service

After more than 6 hours on phone help and chat lines, I am still waiting for my phone number to be restored. Have spent hours waiting for help, talked to people whose english I don't understand, passed from pillar to post always to the back of the queue, been bullied by salesmen. Order placed, then sales said I had to cancel and restart. Did this and ended up with a duplicated order. They promised to keep my original phone number, then issued a temporary number and the original has not been restored. Will is happen or do I have to wait on the helpline again for 30 minutes before getting someone who cannot answer the question?

Not to mention that sales said the connection fee would be waived but it now appears on my order again.

I cannot believe that a large organisation like BT has such appalling customer service. Even an email complaint said that it would be handled within 14 days! If I had run my business like this I would have lost all customers very quickly.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Waiting for phone number back - dreadful service

Important that complaints are addressed not only to this board but to Warren Buckley MD-Customer Service(sic) copy to Ian Livingston BT CEO, Ofcom and national press. Can't think of any other business that would treat its customers like this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I am going through the same issues. and being fed lies. I even checked with my old provider and they confirmed that BT had made a request over 4 weeks ago and that my old service provider left it open for BT to allocate the number. BT have not done it and simply lying blaming my old provider

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

The saga continues after more contact with BT. So far, 6 BT people have told me that my old number will be restored. Two said within 24 hours, one said within 4 days, one said within 14 days, one said "soon". Another has just called in response to my email enquiry and said the number is already operational. It isn't!!

0 Ratings