cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TU
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Waiting time to resolve a Broadband fault - Complaint procedure

I have a problem with with my Broadband. Ten days after the fault was first reported I raised the following complaint:

"On Wednesday, 06.06 I called your customer services helpline to report a fault of my broadband connection.

I was told that I have an internal issue and would be sent a new filter, that someone would look into this and that I would have someone contact me within the next 24/48 hours. In the meantime I would be able to monitor the status using the fault tracker.

On Friday 10th I saw that the tracker stated the issue as resolved. I called customer services and was told that it was an external fault and broadband would be back within 24/48 hours. I was told that nobody would be able to deal with the issue during the weekend.

On Monday 13th I again rang customer services and was told that the issue is fixed and the Internet would be back within the next 24/48 hours.

Yesterday, 15th I was told again the fault is repaired and the Internet would be back by the end of today.

This morning I again contacted your customer services and was told the external fault is fixed, now it requires an engineer to visit the property.

Unfortunately nobody would be available until Monday 20, which is the earliest appointment date. This means thanks to your incompetence I have to endure a second weekend without Internet access.

I have been a loyal BT customer for over ten years. I understand that this is not a business broadband line and will not have any priority service.

However, I have never come across a more incompetent handling of an issue.

Everytime I called I spoke to a different person who had another possible reason for the fault. Looks like your people are not in the habit of communicating with each other.

I will have to wait until Monday for a service engineer's visit because I have very little choice, provided someone will actually turn up.

Changing suppliers does not help as they have at least a week lead time before I get a working Internet connection again.

As soon as I will have a working Internet connection again I will cancel my current contract and look for an alternative that can deliver more than empty promises."

----------------------------------------

Fair enough, the engineer arrived on the day booked (20th) and found a fault with the router/modem. He said he would mention the fault type in his report and a new router would be on its way soon. Shortly after he had left I had a call from BT from someone who wanted to check the current status. Again he stated a new router would be on its way soon.

A couple of days later (22nd) I had another call from BT who inquired about the current status. She questioned that a router would be sent because I was out of contract and the router therefore out of warranty.

Next day I called BT, arranged a new contract for 18 months and waited for a new router. A router finally arrived on Saturday 25th. Unpacked, connected...no Broadband...

I called BT again describing the fault symptoms and was told I was sent the wrong router type. I should have been given a HomeHub 5 instead of a HomeHub 4. The correct router should be on its way and they generously would scrap the delivery fee.

Not sure what to say to all of this. When the correct hub hopefully arrives within the next days the whole procedure will have taken three weeks to resolve. Sure, '**bleep** happens' they say, but what is the purpose of a complaints procedure if nobody gives a toss? Maybe there is a direct link to their recycle bin for complaints?

If I have had a call from someone with a bit of competence and overview, the whole thing could have been sorted within a few days but instead - no structure, no single point of contact, just endless phone calls to people who get their questions and answers from a script sheet...

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Waiting time to resolve a Broadband fault - Complaint procedure

are you on fibre/infinity or adsl/copper

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 9

Hi @TU and welcome.

I'm really sorry you've had so many problems with this. I'm sure I can help you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. Once we have your details we'll be your single point of contact until we get this sorted for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
TU
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Hi, I am on Infinity1, just upgraded to Infinity2

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

if you are on infinity 1 then you don't need a new router when you move to infinity 2 as it is only a matter of removing the speed cap on the line from 40 to 80mb

are you using a separate modem?  with which version of the hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
TU
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

The old one was a HomeHub3/modem combination. As it was faulty it needs replacing.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

if it was hh3 that was faulty then a direct replacement is the hh4 which also needs to be connected to the modem as the HH4 does not connect on it's own - no vdsl modem

0 Ratings
TU
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Well, the new contract that upgrades to Infinity 2 provides a HomeHub 5. The engineer has taken the old hub plus the modem with him.

All I do now is to wait for the delivery of the HomeHub 5 as stated in the contract details.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

ok  you ddn't say that engineer had taken modem and hub away.  pity he didn't leave the modem and many on forum find that helps the conenction

0 Ratings