cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Walkden Manchester Exchange and free upgrade question?

I'm currently on the 38 ip profile and download at 37.5,i've signed up to the free upgrade which is supposed to activated tomorrow however all the speed checks i'm trying are not going any higher than what i'm on? is there only certain exchanges enabled on the 76.19 at the min? and if so why has the online order accepted my order?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Walkden Manchester Exchange and free upgrade question?

The speed estimate is just that, an estimate.

The speed your line can support is largely dependant on the distance you are from the cabinet.

What does the BT wholesale availability checker say when you plug your number into it?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Yeah i'm no more that prob 100-150 mtrs to the cab,the wholesale checker is saying:-

"Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 34.6Mbps and upstream line speed of 6Mbps." i've always downloaded at 37.5 and upload at 8.20-40 ish.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Then the estimate might just be wrong. The only real way to tell is get the upgrade and see what happens!

As a side note, just because you're physically that close to the cab doesn't mean your cable will be that short, it could literally go round the houses before it gets to you.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I'll see what happens tomorrow when it has been activated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 7

Why would you expect to be on more than you're on before it's activated?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

What i meant was the availability checker,well can't check my ip profie because the bt speedtester website is freezing however my download speed has increased from 37.40 to 37.60 haha so much for 76,what's odd is my upload has gone up to over 16mb,something's not quite right here.

0 Ratings