Message 11 of 13

Re: Want ADSL2+ for my very poor line, BT will not change my modulation

You may want to have a look at this: http://goo.gl/ddnG2

Macio
Beginner
Message 12 of 13

Hi Edd,

I already have ADSL Nation face place. Order it three years ago when we moved into this new build 🙂 And it is working great as we have no difference (well - almost none) between test socket connection and faceplate.

To be honest, as I now know about ADSL2+ adding some more Line attenuation will make this line unusable to ADSL2+.

However looking at the link provided it pointed me towards BT Business Hub (and i think i might have one at work that we are not using). I will be trying it myself even if I have to buy it. Seeing some people having connection speeds more than triple of my, on longer lines with much higher Line attenuation make me want to try. I will also look at this double shielded cable that might help however when I was trying my router connecting directly to test socket with short cable and router next to the socket I don't think it's internal interference.

Once again, thanks for everyone’s input - really appreciate it.

Macio

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 13

I have Pm'd you some links to the items, of which are the improvements. I have also included in them, the very latest version of a filtered faceplate which is used for the newer VDSL services, and I have to say I swapped to it, it is much superior to the ADSL nation one which lets be honest is a fair few years old now. As for what you say on longer lines, I'm on a loop loss of 79dB on a fixed rate product of 2mb.
0 Ratings