cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axolotl
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Want to order BT Privacy, can't

I'm trying to sign up to BT Privacy, but all roads lead to blank.

On the website, I keep getting a message saying "Sorry we can't show or alter your calling features at present, Try again later" or wors to that effect.

Tried the phone instead, and having navigated your labyrinthine automatic systems and been referred to a completely separate number (08001218000 - why?) all I get is "Sorry there has been a technical problem try again later" Aaaargh!!!!!

This has been going on ever since I switched to BT on 20th October.

Can someone please tell me how i am supposed to actually sign up for any of the wonderful services you claim to offer?

This is a farce!

Cheers,

Axolotl
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
caerdydd
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Want to order BT Privacy, can't

Give 150 a try and they should be able to do it for you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

There has been problems recently with ordering certain calling features on line and as caerdydd sugests try calling 150 or 0800 800 150.

PS Make sure they give you the free caller display

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Axolotl
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

0800 100150 is the number I originally tried. I assume 150 is just the same?

The automated service there says to call 0800 121 8000 for the Privacy feature. That's where you get the "Technical error" message.

At no point on 0800 100150 or 0800 1218000 is there an "Anything else" option that lets you speak to an operator.

As well as not working, the automated services just don't cover the options. That's why this is so frustrating.

Cheers,

Axolotl
0 Ratings
Axolotl
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I know there have been problems, I've experienced them!

I want to know when BT intends to fix their systems so they work. Is there a friendly BT spokesman around who can comment?

I didn't know I had to "make sure" they give me the caller ID, I thought it was just part of the Privacy sign up. Thanks for the tip.

If I ever get to speak to a human being, I'll remember to ask them.

Cheers,

Axolotl
0 Ratings
deltaforce
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Hey Axolotl

I finally got my problem with caller display fixed yesterday/today. 

I called 0800 800 150 and after quite a few key presses got a message that said press 1 for so and so or hold to be put through to an operator.

I finally managed to get through to a lovely English lady who has solved my problem in a day.

DF.

0 Ratings
Axolotl
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Don't suppose you can remember which option path you followed? Or did you just wait after one of the endless lists?

Just had a thought, what do people with old steam driven phones with a dial and no buttons do?

Cheers,

Axolotl
0 Ratings
deltaforce
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I'm afraid I can't remember all the numbers needed to reach a real person, even though it was only yesterday theres so many different numbers for different things its a nightmare.

All I can say is eventually I got to a point where none of their options was what I wanted and it said press 1 for so and so or hold to be put through to an operator.

0 Ratings
Axolotl
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Well, I finally got through to someone, but he was completely useless. He couldn't even understand the problem, and eventually referred me to 0800731 0236 which appears to be a company in India selling plastic products!

I tried the 0800 121 8000 BT Privacy order line again and got the same "Sorry there has been a technical problem" again.

I'm just going round in circles.

Does anyone know if BT have a complaints department? There doesn't seem to be an optin for "If you have been driven into gibbering rage by our utterly useless menu system and support services, please press x" option.

Cheers,

Axolotl
0 Ratings
Axolotl
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

I tried again on 0800 800150. I left it as though I had a rotary phone, and just listened to the increasingly desparate robot telling me I had to press a button to proceed. Eventually, she gave me the option of 9 to speak to an operator. (After 2 minutes and 20 seconds actually).

This time, the operator seemed to grasp what I wanted, and has actually ordered BT Privacy for me, with free CLID. CLID should be active in 24 hours, Privacy via TPS will take up to 28 days.

We'll see.

But BT please note if you read these posts. Why oh Why oh Why was it so hard to get there?

Cheers,

Axolotl
0 Ratings