Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Warning BT increasing prices mid contract AGAIN !! Dirty Tricks

@CircleG911 wrote:

Ok. So lets reverse the situation. I contact Bt and tell them that I know wish to pay less,and if they dont like it they can cancel my contract and find another ( mug ) customer. That should go down well.

As said,a Contract is a contract,if you agree something,you keep to it. Whats next ? Bt put up their prices by £20 a month and if you dont like it you can leave...Thank you very little.

The whole situation is ridiculous and should be stopped forthwith.... A complete and utter Con.

You are at liberty to contact BT and tell them that you no longer want to pay as much as you do and if they don't like it they can cancel your contract. 

BT will do that for you and you will have to pay the cancellation fees that you agreed to in the Terms and Conditions when you signed up to your contract because you are terminating the contract early. 

This is just the same as BT having to release you from the contract if you don't agree to the increase. It effectively cost them money (the income for the remainder of the contract)  to let you leave the contract and it is exactly the same amount of money (The cancellation fee) that you would have to pay them to leave the contract.

As has already been pointed out, if you don't like it you can leave without penalty and sign up with another, possibly cheaper ISP. Just make sure you read all the Terms and Conditions of any future contracts so that you are fully aware of what you are agreeing to.

Message 12 of 17

@CircleG911

I have sent you a private message.  Please read this when you can spare a moment of your time.

Thank you.

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

@CircleG911

I have sent you another private message.  Can you read this please?

Many thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Sometimes.Silence speaks a thousand words.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

@ CircleG911

Have you read the Private Message sent you by RobbieMac
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

People caught in the mid term contract price rise should read this it says that they will look unfavourably on providers who do not allow cancellation if they don't agree with the increases. BT are trying it with me, in 2008 BT annual line rental was £132 today it's over £205, a £73 increase over 8 years.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

Apart from posting on a thread that is over a year old, if you look at the email you get from BT when there are any prices rises you will see that they clearly state that if you are not happy with the price rise you are free to leave your contract without penalty so what is the point you are trying to make?

0 Ratings