cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Warning about exceeding your Internet Usage

Go to solution

I have only just recently joined BT (as of 15th May) and have found that my usage is already really high.  So much so that I upgraded to 40 GB - the same that I had with TalkTalk with never a problem.  I have not change my usage habits at all.
Nevertheless, I've already (apparently) used almost 18 GB.  I think BT has set it up to con its customers.   I am really regretting moving from TT - only did so for new equipment (which has made no difference to speed or streaming), and the roving internet for daughter (which she's not used yet)... none of the services are as promised... and I suspect the GB usage is rigged.

Not a happy new customer at all.  Oh to return to TalkTalk!  (who'd have thought!)

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution
I have sent a complaint... we'll see what transpires...
0 Ratings
kendawson121
Beginner
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

I always have the impression that my broadband usage indicates more than I thought I used.  How can I check how my broadband is being consumed?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

@kendawson121 wrote:

I always have the impression that my broadband usage indicates more than I thought I used.  How can I check how my broadband is being consumed?

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

You can look at the hub stats somewhere in the settings under broadband which can indicate usage, but these should be checked at the same day so that a daily difference can be stored on a document for example. The hubs stats are prone to reset, so can be really used as a guide.

You should be able to check the online monitor, see my shoirtcuts (link below) option 14j. Note that this is not realtime, but up to 23:59 the day before, typically updated after 7.30am the next day. The online monitor has been poor over the past few days with updates not happening for a few days.

What devices have you got connected ?

0 Ratings