cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liamh
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Was getting 38Mbps, on holiday for 2 weeks and now 10Mbps?

Hi,

Before I call BT and get the usual runaround, I wondered if my issue rang any bells...

I was getting a pretty stable 38Mbps on Infinity 1 for the last 18 months, I've just returned from 2 weeks on holiday (Florida, very nice) and noticed that Eurosport wont display on BT TV (it always has in the past) and I'm getting an IPC6023 message, google tells me that points to "insufficient quality  on an Internet channel". I've run several speed tests (wired and wireless) and they all give around 9 to 10 meg download and only 1meg upload.

I've rebooted the HH5, speed is still 9-10Mbps

Why would my speed have dropped so significantly? results from the wholesale speed test below:

BT Wholesale Speed Test ResultsBT Wholesale Speed Test Results

Further Diagnostics shows this:

wholesale2.png

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Was getting 38Mbps, on holiday for 2 weeks and now 10Mbps?

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

are you using the test socket?

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
liamh
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Hi imjolly,

Here's the output from helpdesk, other responses to follow:

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ432*****
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 07/01/16
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 00:05:21
6. Data rate:1099 / 14753
7. Maximum data rate:1100 / 14804
8. Noise margin:6.0 / 6.1
9. Line attenuation:16.1 / 33.1
10. Signal attenuation:16.4 / 31.5
11. Data sent/received:3.8 MB / 30.3 MB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:No
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:*****
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:11
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:*****_5GHz
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address:c8:91:f9:55:31:7e
24. VPI/VCI:0 / 38
25. Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
26. Latency type:Fast
27. Software variant:AA
28. Boot loader:1.0.0

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

With a modulation of 992.5 you are on adsl2 not fibre. For some reason you have been moved back to adsl from fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
liamh
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

are you using the test socket? - Yes, using the "external" socket gets 9 to 10Mbps, using the test socket inside increases speed slightly to 12Mbps

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check - Results here:

wholesale3.jpg

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone - Done, and no cracklling or hissing etc

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Need to get mod help to find out why you have moved from infinity to adsl2+ modulation 992.5. Mods will post contact us link here. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 5/7 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Check your phone number is still the same, just in case your line has been crossed with another line which only has ADSL2+ on it, it does happen.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Should have heard your own number when doing quiet line test

0 Ratings
liamh
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Thanks, so where should the link be - will the mods modify your post?
Where in the results does it indicate I'm on ADSL2? (just reread the post, I can see the modulation bit)
I did have a long running billing issue (failure to apply a discount) that was resolved last month, suspect that could be connected!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@imjolly wrote:

Need to get mod help to find out why you have moved from infinity to adsl2+ modulation 992.5. Mods will post contact us link here. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 5/7 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings
liamh
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Yes, I had the correct number when I did the quiet line
0 Ratings