cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
watagi
Message 1 of 12

Wasted day waiting for no show engineer...

Go to solution

What is it BT is listed as ?  Telecommunications services company? Why can BT not then provide proper customer service and communicate with their customers?

I have waited since 8 this morning for a BT engineer to arrive, I checked the order online in case there had been a mistake or an update and it was "In Progress".

I then called the help number, at 4 p.m. and have been told that they are having problems at the exchange and that I will be contacted to reschedule this install " At My Convenience".

I understand that technical faults can occur at anytime, its part of the industry norm.

What I am upset about is that BT have no respect for their customers. BT must be very arrogant to think that they can treat customers in this way without consequences. I read elsewhere in this forum that BT's sorry was " £10", that's an insult to price a working persons day at £10.

I am self employed and have already wasted a day sitting at home, I have to contact BT and then be told that I will be losing another day due to BT's problems but that this will be "AT MY CONVENIENCE", how very kind of you BT.

I will wait for the busy people to contact me to tomorrow and if  I'm not happy then your equipment will be outside on my doorstep, you may pick this up "AT YOUR CONVENIENCE".

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Wasted day waiting for no show engineer...

Go to solution
the install is carried out by Openreach as a supplier to BT retail
BT Retail have no control over Openreach as Openreach work under rules laid down by OFCOM that they provide equal service to all providers BT Retail get no preference to the supply of service to there customers
watagi
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Am I paying for a service from BT? Yes. Have I been given a date and time for this install by BT? Yes.

Who then is responsible for customer service?

John46 your reply is irrelevant, please do not waste more of my time.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
watagi, this is a customer to customer forum, the only B.T presence here is the moderators.

There are two options for you, one you contact tech support and see what happened. 0800 111 4567.

Two, you could contact the mods here: https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

They are a special care team who are really good at getting issues resolved, it takes however up to 3 days to get a response from them either by email or phone.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
watagi
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

If only both of the posters above had bothered to read my original post properly before posting.

1. It is regarding customer service, not the technical aspect.

2. I have stated that BT are going to contact me tomorrow, therefore I have already complained directly to BT.

I read exactly what this forum was for and posted only to publicise their failure and my anger.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

The options given to you were to give you information as to the ways you can get your complaint resolved there is no need to be rude to those giving you assistance if you had read the introduction to the forum you would have seen it clearly states that it is a customer to customer self help forum if you need to contact BT then use the Contact Us link shown on the forums main page  https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact

Guru
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Who said i didn't read your post? The fact is you've come barking in on a customer to customer forum.

Be it may that you can share your frustrations, angers and opinions but the way you talk to people who have no relevance to B.T is absolutely atrocious.

If i was you, i wouldn't be off the phone with them, i would pester and pester and pester until i spoke to someone this evening.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
watagi
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

"The options given to you were to give you information as to the ways you can get your complaint resolved there is no need to be rude to those giving you assistance if you had read the introduction to the forum you would have seen it clearly states that it is a customer to customer self help forum if you need to contact BT then use the Contact Us link shown on the forums main page "

But there is obviously a need for you to have the courtesy to read a post properly before posting a reply.

The questions I asked were rhetorical and the rest was fact and my personal opinion.Therefore I sought neither help nor answers.

As I stated before I read exactly what this forum was for and posted only to publicise their failure and my anger.

"Be it may the you can share your frustrations, angers and opinions but the way you talk to people who have no relevance to B.T is absolutely atrocious."

To point out that you have not bothered to read a post properly is "absolutely atrocious"? Seriously?

If you are both so thin skinned then best think before posting.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
To point out that your regarded someone to "NOT WASTE YOUR TIME" is something you deem right to post to someone who has no relevance to B.T?

Myself and John were only reiterating the options available to you.

As you have not read my post properly, mine was in relevance in how you replied to John, nothing else.

Get your facts right before posting back.

Distinguished Expert
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
If you sought neither help nor answers then why bother posting? Other customers are hardly likely to care that you sat around all day and the BT staff only respond to email requests.