cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Watching BT IPTV on Youview+ via wireless - are there any solutions out there?

My son suggested that latency may be the problem, whatever that is?

0 Ratings
tomcat_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Re: Watching BT IPTV on Youview+ via wireless - are there any solutions out there?

Hi all,

I have been reading a few posts on the internet regarding this subject and i'm not so sure i have found a working solution.

I have a bt HH5 and i want to create a wireless bridge in order to connect my youview+ so i can get the BTsport channels.

What i have understood so far is that the main router has to be "broadcasting" mutlicast and the client bridge has to be able to receive ipmg multicast.

I have tried to use a router flashed with DD-WRT as the client bridge and although i got internet the bt sport channels will not work on youview. I will have to spend more time in order to read the proper settings for enabling ipmg multicast.

Howeever I'm reading that people had success with the tp-link 702n. Therefore is it possible i can get some clarification please on:

1. Is BT HH5 broadcasting multicast over wireless?

2. Can the TP-link 702N receive that in client mode and display the BTsport channels in youviw?

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 15

Regarding cable entry, the practical problem for BT is that TV / Satellite cables traditionally run around the outside of houses and enter near to the TV viewing position.

Telephone cables enter traditionally in the hallway.

People are fine with cables only appearing close to where needed. They do object to running cables around the inside of their houses which have not been designed for such cables.
0 Ratings
tomcat_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

I honestly cannot see what this has anything to do with my questions?
0 Ratings
manir81
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Yes ther are are other options best thing is buy a MAG10 ANDROID BOX from Amazon or eBay and you can download IPTV on the BOX and receive over 2000 chanells
0 Ratings