cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Watching BT Sport on someone else's Sky box

My girlfriend and I are moving into a new house at the end of the month and I've just gone through the "moving home" process on BT.com

Our plan was to cancel my Sky subscription and set her up as the new account holder as they always seem to give better offers to new customers. This will mean our Sky and BT accounts will be for the same address but under different names.

Will I be able to set up free BT Sport on her Sky box?

I've seen similar posts but they all seem to mention watching on Sky at a different address so apologies if I'm covering old ground with this.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Watching BT Sport on someone else's Sky box

Try using the phone number in this link and explain same address but in you and your partners name. http://www.broadband.bt.com/espresso/1_renew/tv/?s_cid=con_Hdoptions

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Rev, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Quick update - can't be done for some reason.

I guess BT expect everything to be in the man's name. It is the 1950s, after all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

the accounts can be in different names and it can be done but the one I helped with was a husband and wife - one account in husband name and other in wife name and same address.  that was done over the phone without a problem.

it may be the different surnames that are a problem in your case

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

She's not getting a wedding just so I can watch the footy without plugging the laptop into the TV Smiley Very Happy

It just seems strange that BT's thinking is so backwards.

With the shifts I work, I miss most of the games BT Sport shows so it was just a nice extra. If I wasn't already in-contract with BT, I doubt I would have stayed with them after the move given how poor their service is. I'll just see out the term of this contract then move elsewhere.

Thanks for your help anyway.

0 Ratings