cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Watching BT sport on my TV via my laptop

Hi all, I have a BT broadband, LL, BT sports and NOW TV sports package. I travel a lot away from home (London) and I like to watch BT sports and NOW TV sports on a TV via my laptop. I get perfect quality NOW TV coverage but don't get good quality BT sports coverage to be honest the streaming is not good. I also have the BT sports app on my phone and its perfect, do I need to download an app for my laptop (I have tried researching this option but to no avail)  or should iI be able to get perfect coverage via my BT account? 

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Watching BT sport on my TV via my laptop

Yup download the BT Sport app for your laptop. If it's running Windows, you should be able to download it here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/bt-sport/9nblggh4rdwf?ranMID=24542&ranEAID=kXQk6*ivFEQ&ranSiteID=k...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thank you Nigel, i have another problem now, when I try and download the app a window pops up with for security reasons i must sign in but its an old discarded email address that i cannot remember the password for.

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I would highly recommend NOT using the app - you'll get a better experience using the BT web site: www.bt.com/sport/watch/

The app is very old and doesn't offer any of our latest features.

(p.s. the sign in details it's asking for are local to your laptop - the Microsoft ID set up on your laptop, and not related to any BT subscription)

Message 5 of 9

I have tried this and the quality is useless

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

The quality you see will depend on your connection speed and your PC processing power.  It goes up to full HD from web (1080p @ 50fps).  Using a different app on your PC won't change that.  Other devices (e.g. Samsung TV, Xbox, Roku, PlayStation, etc) can go up to 4k depending on subscription.

What issue did you have with the quality? Buffering? Picture judder? Low resolution? Picture breakup?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

picture freezing / picture jumping, a bit like watching thunderbirds in the 60's

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

If you're seeing the little grey spinner in the middle of the screen then your internet is struggling to keep up.

If the picture is freezing/jumping without that spinner appearing then your PC is struggling to keep up - this sounds more like what you've described.  You could try other web browsers on your PC to see if any perform better than others.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thank you
0 Ratings