Did you mean: 
jaykinch
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

We are very sorry to here that....24 hours

hello all im on here for a Rant at BT.

Long story short.....

I moved home, back in 23rd march 2012.

Ive moved into a new build so i thought i would move bt with me as being ive been with them for over 10 years and not had many problems with them intill NOW

BT could only come out to me on the 19th of april (yes i know only about a month once i moved)

I've had to pay £130 for a connection( plus £150 for my day wages as had to have the day off).

So anyhow on the 19th at 11:00am BT fella came out done what he had to dogot the phone line on and said your net will take about an hour or two to activate great i thought ,thats where i was wrong.

I phoned the bt up at 20:00 same day to find out whats going on as no internet still,

and they said u have to give it 24 hours so i thought fine.

Now on the 20th still no internet so i phoned them again and they said we are sorry to here that but in 24 hours all will be good so i wait another 24 hours.

So 21st came still no internet phone them up and guess what they said "we are really sorry to here that but it will be working for you in 24 hours" lol

So 22nd came and went, cos when i phoned up this time recorded message saying there was a problem on this line and a engineer will contact me shortly.

So 23rd came so i ring them up to get told this time " we are really sorry to here that but there is a problem in the exchange but the problem we get sorted out guess it within 24 hours

I get a text message and 19:00 saying my internet should be working now. after me resetting the hub changing cables,filters, hubs, still not working so i phoned them up again they said "we are really sorr..;...........

Then after about half hour of them getting to try things they said there is a problem with your line but it will be working for you in 24hours.

So 24th is here i goto work bt ring me this morning to ask if its all working now and i said when i left this morning it was still off,and she said we are very sorry to here that lol then looked at the notes and said there is a problem with your line.

So got home at 15:00 still no net so phoned them up again to ask for a update, Can anyone guess what her words were lol u guessed it we are very sorry about that.

and now she is saying the problem might be in the exchange and im saying they sorted that out and its the line i was told

so after 15 mins on phone to bt thay said they gonna send a engineer out again.

Now im a working man like most of you i dont get paid to have days off so holidays are valuable to me and cant take time off .

Now i just got a text from them saying a engineer will be round thursday and i need to be in

Why wont they listen to me?

How do u get a straight answer from them

Why should i lose another £150 to sit at home waiting for bt to come round

Rip off BT thats all i can think

and all this ranting over a 2 meg line lol thats they can offer

Rant over

If anyone thinking about joining BT check out other companies first please

Cheers

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: We are very sorry to here that....24 hours

just to correct one point all the work you are referring to is carried out by OPENREACH not BT RETAIL Your provider as to using other companies they all use the same network all providers also use OPENREACH TO carry out the work as they are required to provide an equal service to all providers BT Retail can only give you the information they are given
0 Ratings
Berek
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

@john46 wrote:
just to correct one point all the work you are referring to is carried out by OPENREACH not BT RETAIL Your provider as to using other companies they all use the same network all providers also use OPENREACH TO carry out the work as they are required to provide an equal service to all providers BT Retail can only give you the information they are given

Yeah but Openreach who are contracted by the other suppliers do a faster and better job for them, and as for using the BT retail card shame on you, the guy is contacting the company (BT) to try and get his BB working they are the provider, they are responsible to provide the service and give accurate information to the customer not the fob off 24 hours thing, a customer service rep worth their wage would have contacted Openreach found out what the problem was and updated the customer correctly.  

Weak Weak and Fail \o/ 

Cheers Berek

0 Ratings
jaykinch
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

The fella above is right, I phoned BT for internet they never said anything about openreach

BT take my money each month so it is bt responsibility to get my internet workin.

All i want to know is ,what it happening ? are anyone working on the problem or is it in the "to do list"

thinks bt suck B*lls at the moment

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

OPENREACH maintain and supply the network and operate and maintain the exchanges for all ISP's under rules laid down by OFCOM and provide an equal service to all providers BT purely sell the service to you they do not control is connection or operation they can only provide the information they are given
0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 6 of 8

John is technically right, but it doesn't help you. I would suggest contacting the Mods to see if they can help. Like you say you are buying a service off BT.
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

@StewM wrote:
John is technically right, but it doesn't help you. I would suggest contacting the Mods to see if they can help. Like you say you are buying a service off BT.

Have to say I agree with the above. The actual physical technicalities of the situation are, as a BT customer, not your concern. You've paid your money, so you want the goods!

And contacting the mods is an excellent suggestion. They have a very good track record of solving customers problems...

Heres a link to them -  contact us form

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Tell BT that you can't afford to take more time off work, as they have already cost you a days pay and failed to do the job right, get them to schedule an engineer to arrive when you get home from work.

Worth a try.
0 Ratings