cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PamF
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

We keep getting contacted by a firm stating that our IP address has been compromised .

Go to solution

We keep getting phone calls from a company stating that our IP address has been compromised. It is a recorded message from a lady with an American accent. They threaten to disconnect us if we do not speak to one of their advisors. I am presuming this a scam and not speaking to them but is there anyway we can put an end to such calls. Thank you. Pam 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: We keep getting contacted by a firm stating that our IP address has been compromised .

Go to solution

Its a very common scam, just put the phone down.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 3 of 7

Re: We keep getting contacted by a firm stating that our IP address has been compromised .

Go to solution

It's a scam 100%, if you have BT call protect which is free, you can block that number, although chances are they'll spoof another and contact again, easier to hang up.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Definitely sounds like a scam @PamF

You can never be too careful these days.  Please remain vigilant at all times.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
GW2
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I had a similar call this morning from 01284770309.  I hope BT will follow this up.

GW2

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@GW2wrote:

I had a similar call this morning from 01284770309.  I hope BT will follow this up.

GW2

Report it here :- https://www.bt.com/consumer/edw/scams/

0 Ratings