Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grewer
Contributor
Message 11 of 115

Re: Web connectivity issues over the last two days

Go to solution

I know I had one particular video on YouTube that just wouldn't load.  I was going to use this as an example when I rang BT although the title was embarrasing 🙂 - it was the clip from the Undatables programme which a friend had sent in a link - "She's in F****** London".  I must have tried about 5/10 times and it wouldn't load even using multiple devices and after resetting my HH4.  When I went to my neighbours' the next day it worked first time.  All riled up to make the call I retested when I got home and it worked!!  There just seems to be odd videos that won't play at all - even newer content.  If I switch my phone to 3G/H by disabling wifi it plays the content without issue.

I get similar experiences with other websites - sometimes simple pages won't load at all and the progress indicator keeps wirring.

Looking at the posts in this forum (https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/planning-to-get-myself-an-unlocked-openreac... - the images of the cabs from this link are taking an age to load:

http://cdn.recombu.com/digital/images/news/M11476/1366820577_w670_h503.png - not sure if this image host is generally slow.

The speed issues seem worse at core times (evenings between 6pm - 10pm) so this too would point towards an oversubscribed service.  I may retry at my neighbours.

I would be interested if you had any slow links that I could try to see if the same websites are affected?

0 Ratings
blinkinlight
Contributor
Message 12 of 115

Go to solution

This is why we didn't want to kill the ongoing issues thread - I now have a MOD but havinng had email and call problems all I really want is contract release and my MAC Code TYVM.

My last thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Still-Getting-Buffering-Issues-and-Slow-Web...

0 Ratings
kevuk1983
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 115

Go to solution

I having the same problem. I can't load up Google.co.uk, BBc.co.uk, Youtube and other sites too. 

Done a hard reset my Hub 5 and network adapters, cleaned out my DNS. That worked for about an hour but its not working again.

Will phone up in the morning to see whats going on.

0 Ratings
Blackmesa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 115

Go to solution

I'm having the same problem.  As of 2-3 days ago, various websites no longer load for me.  I suspect there is a problem with BT's DNS.  I know the IP for several sites that do not resolve for me and when I use the IP they load fine.

Is there a way to raise this as an issue without having to have people from India tell me to restart my HH (again) and plug it into the master socket and try it with a wired connection (again) etc, etc... ?  Thank you.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 115

Go to solution
have you tried goggle DNS
0 Ratings
Blackmesa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 115

Go to solution

Hi,

Yes I have.  When I use Google DNS (8.8.8.8) every page loads fine and quickly again.  When I switch back to the default DNS, it goes back to the way it was in that various sites will not load and other sites are very slow to resolve/load.

Any suggestions?  Thank you.

0 Ratings
jrawle
Contributor
Message 17 of 115

Go to solution

Definitely not BT's DNS, as I've never used it. Firefox still tells you when it's "looking up" an address, and that's not where it gets stuck.

Also, someone asked for example sites to try, but for me there is simply no consistency in which sites, pages, or elements of a page don't load. One time a particular page will be problematic; later the same page will work fine.

0 Ratings
Blackmesa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 115

Go to solution

Firefox sitting at the 'Looking up...' stage before timing out is exactly what is happening for me.

For example, http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ is currently not accessable via HH DNS but is via Google DNS.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 115

Go to solution
@ Blackmesa

stick with the google DNS
0 Ratings
Blackmesa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 115

Go to solution
Thank you. I'll raise a support call and see what the official BT word is.
0 Ratings