Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 115

Re: Web connectivity issues over the last two days

Go to solution

As posted on the other similar thread.

Interesting, I have been having this problem for a few days. It's definitely not a DNS problem as I have tried both BT and Google DNS. Just disconnected my TP Link router to play with a HH5 and the problem has disappeared (back on TP Link). Don't know whether the problem is IP address related (presume I have a different one after the disconnect, didn't check) or the reset was sufficient.

0 Ratings
Grewer
Contributor
Message 42 of 115

Re: Continued slow or non page loading with infinity

Go to solution

Changing the DNS is simple enough in Windows too - I will try this to see if it help me.  Others on this thread and the other thread have indicated that DNS is not the answer.  In a way I hope it's not as I rely on DNS services of the HH too 😞

@wynjer - I am in Cardiff too and have been experiencing the issues for about the same duration.

@licquorice

0 Ratings
Grewer
Contributor
Message 43 of 115

Re: Speeds as normal but connectivity is awful the last few days

Go to solution

I will try this.

0 Ratings
Grewer
Contributor
Message 44 of 115

Re: Web connectivity issues over the last two days

Go to solution
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 115

Go to solution

@Grewer wrote:

@licquorice

As stated, I swapped out my TP LINK router that I normally use for a spare HH5 to test something else, I then replaced the TP Link. Thus it was 2 DSL line disconnects. I suspect it was the (assumed) change of IP that cleared the problem.

Edit: I'm the other side of the country in Cambridgeshire, so not a geographical problem.

Further edit: My current IP is 86.146.141.xxx

Grewer
Contributor
Message 46 of 115

Go to solution

Thanks licquorice, I wasn't sure if you were using a seperate modem with your HH5 (especially as you had mentioned the TP Link).

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 47 of 115

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. I've merged the threads as requested by Grewer so we can keep all the details in the same place. I've sent some details off to our network investigations guys to check if there are any problem. Keep posting and as son as I get any updates I'll let you know.

Cheers

David

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 115

Go to solution

Did you try renewing your IP address with a line reset?

DiscoSausage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 115

Go to solution

I found a piece of software called Namebench  http://code.google.com/p/namebench/

Ironically the fastest DNS server it found was a different  BT server to the one I was connected to, swapped my PC settings to use this instead. Thought it seemed snappier for a few minutes but now here I am again trying to connect to bbc.co.uk/news and just as bad as before.

Come on BT, sort it out

0 Ratings
grommit
Beginner
Message 50 of 115

Go to solution

Same problem here - been happening for a few days - not DNS related as been trying BT, Google and OpenDNS on various machines and no difference.  Delays seem sporadic, affect different sites being access from different machines.  I've only noticed it on HTTPS sites, but that's pretty much everything so it's a real pain.  Connection timeouts, connection refused, connection reset - seems like a network level problem

0 Ratings