Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoridinUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 115

Re: Continued slow or non page loading with infinity

Go to solution

Nope I'm getting errors on HTTPS sites.  Despite using the google DNS.  Error code is connection closed.

IF this is congestion oin the middle of the day, in Norwich, then BT are having major problems they are not telling us about..

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 115

Go to solution

I thought the problem had disappeared with my change of IP address but bizarrely sites that were problematic are now ok but different sites are now giving problems. One of the sites is BT webmail.

0 Ratings
MoridinUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 115

Go to solution

Anyoen actually got an open ticket with BT on this?  What are they sayign offically? because this is pretty useles..

0 Ratings
grommit
Beginner
Message 64 of 115

Go to solution

@MoridinUK I also get plenty of connection closed errors, sounds like it's not a localised fault then if you have it in Norwich too

@licquorice ditto - sites affected can be random and they change so I guess it's more network / tcp connection related than site specific - makes you wonder what BT are doing at the packet level to https traffic

If I tunnel my traffic through a VPN to outside of BT's network I have no problems at all.  Have pointed the @btcare social media support team at this forum, hope they mange to resolve this soon.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 115

Go to solution

@grommit wrote:

@licquorice ditto - sites affected can be random and they change so I guess it's more network / tcp connection related than site specific - makes you wonder what BT are doing at the packet level to https traffic

Indeed it does!!!! Worrying.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 115

Go to solution

@MoridinUK wrote:

Anyoen actually got an open ticket with BT on this?  What are they sayign offically? because this is pretty useles..

Hopefully the mods are on the case.

0 Ratings
Jugger
Beginner
Message 67 of 115

Go to solution

I opened a ticket yesterday; no response so far.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 68 of 115

Go to solution

@grommit wrote:

@MoridinUK I also get plenty of connection closed errors, sounds like it's not a localised fault then if you have it in Norwich too

@If I tunnel my traffic through a VPN to outside of BT's network I have no problems at all.  Have pointed the @btcare social media support team at this forum, hope they mange to resolve this soon.

I wonder if they are carrying out some sort of tests and somehow intercepting HTTPS requests from certain IP addresses/subnets to specific sites? I.e if you have IP X, requests to sites A, B and C are intercepted, if you have address Y, requests to sites D, E F are intercepted etc.

0 Ratings
Grewer
Contributor
Message 69 of 115

Go to solution

Do you have some URLs I could test for you to see if we experience the same speed issues?

My connection does seem more responsive than previous evenings but I am still having issues viewing certain videos on YouTube.

It may be worth sending via PM in-case they are seen as adverts for other sites!!! Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 70 of 115

Go to solution

Pm sent.