cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Web pages slow to load or not loading at all

On modem only connection now, speed OK & so far no problems loading web pages --- early days.

Will continue for a few hours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Still no problems, have been hammering the connection with video downloads, music, searches -- multiple tabs etc as much as I could & as much as my PC can manage.
No problems.
Reported to BT, they are kindly sending me a new HH3! -- Wanted to charge me for a HH5. If I was going to spend I would get a decent Draytek........

Many thanks to those who have offered assistance. Will post with result.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 19

Good choice Draytek all the way here, Still waiting for the 2860vn eta Summer acording to Draytek website... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

I know this is an OLD thread but I just wanted to say that even now in December 2015 this is still happening and it's getting worse 

I have a Billion 8800NL which I might try. That said the sync on the HH5 is faultless as is the speeds. It just took me over 12 minutes to get the pages to turn (and then time out) on this forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 19

@pauljm, I have sympathies with your difficulties, I have had problems with eBay for the last 9 months or so (Win 8, 8.1 & Win 10), the pages take ages to load, eBay is the only site that displays these issues. I believe it is caused by the adverts taking an age to display. No other sites I visit are anything like as slow as eBay's!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 16 of 19

ebay has been playing up for me aswell for about nine months,i even bought a new computer and ebay still does it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 19

I've had no issues with the auction site myself. Though that might just be because I use an adblocker to get rid of all the ads on websites 😄

You'll be surprised by how much slow loading is caused by excessive numbers of ads. 😉
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Yes ads are a pain but they keep things going.

I am getting slow speeds on anything forum or shopping related and now even with a VPN do this DPI they are doing it starting to annoy me. I might as well go back to Zen! I know it's BT as my back up line does not have this problem on the same machine (Imac)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 19

I have been having (and still have) problems with pages loading on my BT Infinity line with my new Windows 10 i7 PC with 24Gb RAM.

My line speed is OK; it's the web page loading that's the problem.

I thought it was my old W7 Pentium on Wi-Fi, which has had the problem ever since BT swapped its mailserver from Yahoo, but the new one has the same problem, whether I use Wi-Fi or Ethernet, HomeHub 3 or 5, IE9, 10, 11, Microsft Edge, or Chrome or Firefox browsers, and many, many reboots.

The worst site is BT's own web mail for btinternet.com.

0 Ratings