Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tetraforce
Contributor
Message 11 of 53

Re: Webmail logging in to wrong e-mail account

Go to solution

That does work I know. But that's just a work around and not the solution. There are occasions when I need to refer to an E-mail from another device even though I've seen it on Outlook. That's then not possible if I've not left a copy on the server.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 53

Go to solution

@tetraforce wrote:

That does work I know. But that's just a work around and not the solution. There are occasions when I need to refer to an E-mail from another device even though I've seen it on Outlook. That's then not possible if I've not left a copy on the server.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Absolutely, I just suggested it for the future when the immediate problem is resolved.

0 Ratings
tetraforce
Contributor
Message 13 of 53

Go to solution

I'm not sure about that. I seem to remember at some stage it may have been a BT Yahoo e-mail.

0 Ratings
tetraforce
Contributor
Message 14 of 53

Go to solution

Looking at this again It's actually quite concerning from a security point of view. I have 2 BT lines on 2 separate accounts. The e-mail address that I want to log into but is taking me to a different e-mail address, is actually on the other account.

Therefore when I input the username (e-mail) address and password that I want to log into, it is actually logging me into the master e-mail account for the other BT account!

This is rather concerning from a security point of view. If this can happen to me does it also mean that other users might be getting logged in to other users accounts? 

This needs some serious looking into BT.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 53

Go to solution

@tetraforce @RRT Just received this reply from the email team via the mods which I find totally unacceptable and is yet another example of the total chaos the BT email/BTID/MYBT is in. I suspect they are trying to somehow reconcile all the relevant databases that use the same login details and failing miserably.

I have received a response from my colleagues in the BT Mail team, they have advised that this is due to part of your email addresses being with Yahoo and others with Open Wave. This happened during October 2013 and customers who have their BTID with Yahoo, won’t be able to access their service via https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform.

We are hoping to have this investigated during quarter 1 of this coming year but unfortunately, there is no quick fix. You can still access email through Yahoo.co.uk or using any other email client. You will be unable to access your service via MBT or the BT email login form.

I am sorry if perhaps this was not the answer you were hoping for but we do hope to have a solution later in the year.

0 Ratings
tetraforce
Contributor
Message 16 of 53

Go to solution

Well I really don't think that is correct as I've been able to log in to all my e-mail addresses correctly until last weekend. It says this has been the case since October 2013? Well that is just not true!!!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 53

Go to solution

I have replied that the answer is unacceptable. I suspect the 2013 refers to when I created the BTMail account as a sub-account of my BTYahoo primary rather than when the problem started.

0 Ratings
RRT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 53

Go to solution

Thanks for the heads-up, @licquorice

I agree with @tetraforce's comment; I was able to login as normal Monday week ago (18th January) to my primary a/c using the normal username and password, and certainly had not experienced this before that date, so mentioning 2013 does not come into it as far as my case is concerned.

RRT

0 Ratings
tetraforce
Contributor
Message 19 of 53

Go to solution

Exactly, this has only just been a problem, ceratinly not since 2013. I'm having a go on Twitter, see if BT take any notice on there. If not as I think it's a security issue I'll maybe take it to OFCOM or Watchdog.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 20 of 53

Go to solution

@tetraforce and @RRT I'm really sorry about the problems you're having with your email.  Please can you PM me with the details of the email address you are trying to access and the address that you are incorrectly being taken too. We need to get these details over to the email team. @licquorice we've passed you're details over already.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings