Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tetraforce
Contributor
Message 6 of 53

Webmail logging in to wrong e-mail account

Go to solution

This is a weird one.

I heve several BT e-mail addresses. The one I use mostly is working correctly on Outlook but I can't access it through webmail. Therefore I am unable to delete mail that I no longer require.

The strange thing is that when I enter my e-mail and password on the BT webmail log in page it is logging me in but to one of my other e-mail addresses.

I have cleared cookies, history etc but the problem remains. I have tried IE & Chrome but with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
52 REPLIES 52
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1 of 53

Incorrect mail account access

Go to solution

Think this is probably one for the mods.

When BTMail was first introduced, there was a brief window of opportunity to create a secondary email address on BTMail whilst the Primary was still on BTYahoo mail. I created a test account at that time which has been working ok although rarely accessed as it was just used for test purposes. I don't use webmail as my normal mail collection method, just accessing it occasionally either to investigate an answer to a problem on the forum or to check spam has been forwarded correctly to Outlook 2010. It has been quite useful to have an account on both systems. A post by Ectophile yesterday prompted me that I hadn't visited webmail for a week or two to check things. I was totally amazed when logging in with my Primary (BTYahoo) address and password to be presented with my secondary (BTMail) account inbox. I am only able to access my Primary address via webmail if I use mail.yahoo.com. Mail is recieved correctly on both accounts when using Outlook 2010, it is just the login on to webmail that gets diverted. It may be relevant that the password for the 2 accounts is the same and is the same as my MYBT/BTID password. I haven't tried changing the password for either of the accounts for fear of complete disaster. I'm not even sure if I would be able to change the BTMail one anyway as I don't have access to the new system as my Primary is still with BTYahoo. Yet another manifestion of the complete disaster of the mail/account management system.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 53

Re: Incorrect mail account access

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 53

Go to solution

Thanks gg.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 53

Go to solution

Hi licquorice,

Thanks for posting. I’m not sure what the problem might be so we’d better take a closer look at that for you. Can you drop me over an email with the details, including any accounts that are affected? I’ll pass them up the chain and see what I can find out.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 53

Go to solution

Thanks David, details sent.

0 Ratings
RRT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 53

Re: Webmail logging in to wrong e-mail account

Go to solution

Although it may seem strange to say this, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

0 Ratings
tetraforce
Contributor
Message 8 of 53

Go to solution

So BT care, what's the solution to this please?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 53

Go to solution

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Incorrect-mail-account-access/td-p/1579972

The mods are on the case, so hopefully a resolution wil be forthcoming. Is your situation the same as RRT's and mine, in as much as your Primary mail is BTYahoo but the Secondary is BTMail?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 53

Go to solution

@tetraforce wrote:
The one I use mostly is working correctly on Outlook but I can't access it through webmail. Therefore I am unable to delete mail that I no longer require.

If you untick the option in Outlook to leave a copy of the mail on the server, there is no need to access webmail to delete unwanted mail.

0 Ratings