Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 53

Re: Webmail logging in to wrong e-mail account

Go to solution

Ok this is getting ridiculous now, 3 weeks on and no resolution or update to an email problem that is a serious security breach. Logging in with user A's  credentials and opening user B's mail account is completely unacceptable. The email team seem to be totally incompetent at identifying whatever it is they did that caused the problem. The whole mail system seems to be a complete shambles at the moment with no acknowledgment that problems exist let alone any prospect of resolution. The answers that are appearing on the forum from the mail team also give the impression of a lack of understanding of how the mail system should work. As well as lack of progress on this issue, there is the ongoing lack of information regarding the migration of the mail system, a password reset problem that has been ongoing for months if not years and several discrete problems with the handling of spam. It is about time BT put a rocket up the mail team, who appear to be 'The Untouchables', and get these problems resolved. It is very frustrating and obviously gives an extremely bad impression of BT to continually post in response to customer problems on the forum 'Oh its been like this for months, nobody knows what is happening'.

How about the mail team coming on the forum with a real time question and answer session? Never going to happen!!

This extremely cavalier attitude to genuine customer complaints is just not good enough.

This is in no way a criticism of the Mod team who are valiantly trying to help with no support from the email team.

0 Ratings
Rogerdodge51
Contributor
Message 32 of 53

Email Accounts Merged ??

Go to solution

Hi,

I have two BT email accounts: my.name@btinternet.com (BT Yahoo) that I have had since email started and my_name@btinternet.com, created a couple of years ago to handle emails such as camera notifications. I have just found when I try and log on to my main account (my.name) via MyBT it just takes me straight into my secondary account (my_name) despite both having different passwords. I now cannot see the thousands of emails in my main account. I can log on to my original account though a mail client (Outlook or Applemail) but not through the BT webpage. BT tell me its because my main account was once a Premium account which BT has ceased as a service so they merged both accounts. However they havent really as all my main account emails are not visible in the secondary account. They havent explained why this is so and why they didnt notify of any changes. Any ideas anyone ?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 53

Re: Email Accounts Merged ??

Go to solution

See this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Webmail-logging-in-to-wrong-e-mail-account/td-p/1580877

Doesn't appear to be any progress. You can try logging in via yahoo directly rather than BTYahoo.

0 Ratings
Rogerdodge51
Contributor
Message 34 of 53

Go to solution

Thanks for that, logging onto mail through Yahoo.co.uk worked and I can see all my emails. The webpage is still badged BT/Yahoo. I think however that BT have still created a problem for me as the my.name account has a differnet password than the my_name yet BT have made access easy to my_name account through either password, that cannot be right. AND I do wish they would explain what is going on.

Thanks for the input, at least thats progress !!

0 Ratings
Rogerdodge51
Contributor
Message 35 of 53

Go to solution

Jesus Wept !!! I have just looked at the link and that thread is 4 years old !!!

I am not sure when the problem started for me but it cannot be longer than one month or so because I log in occasionally to adjust rules etc. I noticed this week because of a persistant spam mail I wanted to bar.

Surely this needs escalating ? perhaps a note to Libby Barr might get things moving.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 53

Go to solution

The thread that was linked to by licquorice was started on 24.01.16 so I don't know where you are getting it being 4 years old.

0 Ratings
Rogerdodge51
Contributor
Message 37 of 53

Go to solution

I beg your pardon you are quite correct, I was looking at a registered date not the posting date, my fault, apologies for that. 

I get a tad touchy about BT email problems because over the years there have been many (mostly Yahoo focussed admittedly) and they always seem almost impossible to deal with.

I've taken a chill pill and will have a lie down 🙂

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 53

Go to solution

Might be worth merging all the posts and closing this thread @RobbieMac

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 53

Go to solution

Thanks Robbie, if only the mail team were as pro-active!!! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 40 of 53

Go to solution

@licquorice

Thanks for that.  My intention was to merge everthing and have the conversation all in one place.  Not too sure what happened first time round but it's done now.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings