Did you mean: 
Dick777
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Webmail login failure

Go to solution

Dear Allison

Many thanks for you reply.

Yes indeed I have just recently signed a new BT contract. I too was out of contract and paying for Infinity2 when the max speed I am guaranteed is well below the new infinity1 52 mbs. Like you only my access to primary web email is affected so now we know the cause, just need a solution. Had a call from mods yesterday who are investigating but don't expect a quick fix. However, I will pass on your info which should help them. I did mention to them that I tried the Yahoo mail app, which seemed to recognise me and asked me to use a desktop to log in at login yahoo.com. This again appeared to recognise me but sent me through some update screens. I didn't have to supply any new detail but got to a welcome screen that was headed change of service, listed the email services I would get (same as usual) and thanked me for changing services!! The options from this screen were to continue or cancel, at which stage I chickened out and cancelled. I asked the mod about this but he wasn't certain about this change of service. I suggest you forward your comments to them, though they may pick up on your post.

all the best

0 Ratings
LTJ2109
Beginner
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

Same thing happened to me today.  Received an offer for a cheaper Broadband contract which I ordered straight away, and soon after my e-mail login stopped working.  Strange that I can still log into MyBT.

The new contract will take effect on Monday.  I hope this doesn't mean I have to manage without e-mail the whole weekend Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
AlisonM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

Update - I am now able to access my primary account again.

It does indeed appear to be necessary to sign-in via Yahoo first.  Here is what worked for me.

Sign in via https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?&.src=ym&.intl​=uk

You may need to enter your password twice, but you should then get the service change screen with 2 options - continue or cancel.

Click continue.  You are then asked to enter your password again.

The same service change screen then reappears.  At this point it may seem you are getting nowhere, but keep going.

Click continue once again.  This time when you enter your password you should get full access again.

Hope that helps.

Alison

0 Ratings
hscuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Hi, hasn't worked for me I'm afraid. Tried various options, nothing, still just reverts to "eg" screen immediately.

0 Ratings
Dick777
Contributor
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Dear Alison

Thanks for that. You are braver than me!

Do you sitll have access to all your previous emails and continued access from email programmes such as Outlook or Mac Mail.

Do you have any subsiduary e-mail accounts and if so are they still working fine after you accepted the Yahoo Service change?

My wifes webmail was unaffected by the new contract, only mine as the primary holder and I have been loath to affect hers by any change I wasn't sure of! Incidentally, had to recently agreed to confirming your email as primary account in response to request from BT when you signed into my BT account. I had finally done this after several requests and wondered if this might be the source of the bug. I will contact the moderator today with your info and hopefull  your reply and ask him to get onto BT about this problem. I sent details to customer services yesterday but don't know if they will do anything.

Cheers

0 Ratings
LTJ2109
Beginner
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks Alison, this worked for me. Smiley Happy

Had to put in my password 3-4 times and once even got a 'Page cannot be found' message, but finally got into my e-mail and now the BT e-mail log in works normally again.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

Out of interest, when you now log on are you still seeing the BTYahoo symbol on the page?

0 Ratings
AlisonM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

To answer the various questions:

@Dick777

Do you sitll have access to all your previous emails and continued access from email programmes such as Outlook or Mac Mail.

Yes, all previous emails are still there and yes, access from Outlook and Windows Live Mail continues as before.

Do you have any subsiduary e-mail accounts and if so are they still working fine after you accepted the Yahoo Service change?

Yes, 2 subsidiary accounts and they too are still fine, sending and receiving as normal, accessible via webmail and accessible via mail clients.

@gg30340

Out of interest, when you now log on are you still seeing the BTYahoo symbol on the page?

Yes

In short, everything looks exactly as before and appears to be working exactly as before.

Alison

0 Ratings
lizhow
Beginner
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution
i also started to experience problems (see my earlier post) the day after i renewed my bt contract.
0 Ratings
Dick777
Contributor
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

Dear Alison

Many thanks for the answers to my questions. Later on today, with a stiff drink to hand, I will bite the bullet and proceed with the login.yahoo and hope for the best. I have sent a message to the moderator Dave again this morning with your original comments and asking him to view all the replies to my original post again and then contact whoever in BT is responsible for the contract renewal software and highlight the bug. I also asked him to let me know BT's response. If he phones me again with satisfactory results I will post the outcome.

Many thanks agian. 

Richard

0 Ratings