Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlisonM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 25

Re: Webmail login failure

Go to solution

Dear Richard

I fully understand your reluctance to do anything without some sort of confirmation/reassurance from someone at BT actually aware of the specific issue.

Good luck if you do have a go and fingers crossed we read a positive post from you later.

Alison

0 Ratings
Dick777
Contributor
Message 22 of 25

Go to solution

Dear Alison

I took the plunge and was successful without the stiff drink, despite the intervention of yet more BT software getting in the way.

On a windows10 PC I entered " login.yahoo.com" in the browser, as I have done several times over the last few days but instead of opening that page it automatically redirected to the BT sign in homepage, from which email logon fails. I used the browser history to load login.yahoo and the same BT redirect occurred. Fortunately I didn't have to delete history and empty caches etc as I have a clean firefox browser I only downloaded yesterday that I did not allow to update anything from IE. This let me into the correct Yahoo login page and my e-mail address followed by password took me straight back to the notification of service change screen from which I clicked on continue. As you mentioned, a little confusing as this screen reappeared but clicking on the mail link at the top of the screen let me back into my webmail. I have since exited webmail and returned to the standard BT Home page. The e-mail logon on this screen now lets me back into my webmail as before the change of contract. As I write BT moderator has just called and I have told them what both you and I had to do to get webmail back. Hopefully someone will rewrite the relevant bit of software.

Many thanks again for your response to my post and being brave enough to experiment.

Regards

Richard

Dick777
Contributor
Message 23 of 25

Go to solution

Dear Hscuff

Have you read the latest posts from Alison and myself>

You need to use a brower to access login.yahoo.com. Unfortunately BT tries to redirect this request to their own login page. You can see this happen in the address bar before a page opens. If you access login.com.yahoo from a browser without all your BT stuff stored in history and caches it will open a diferent Yahoo welcome screen which just asks for your e-mail address . The next screen requests your password and then you get a change of service screen. Clicking on continue brings this screen back but there is a button at the top for mail and if you click this you are into your old webail page as usual. When you leave webmail and sign back in from the BT home page it will now accept your email address and password.

Good luck

Richard

hscuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 25

Go to solution

Hi, all sorted, many thanks, still think this is bizarre. I have been using email since it started on some university servers, using Netscape and Pegasus, never seen an issue like this before, progress does bring complications. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
SteveHe1
Beginner
Message 25 of 25

Go to solution

Dear Richard & Alsion, thanks for following this up and posting the solution. I have had the same problem since my slow Infinity service was initiated. The primary email account was locked and I could not reset the password neither could the guys in India as it just kept being bounced back. Having had the problem escalated, I was told the earliest time for getting a solution and help from a BT software engineer to rectify the problem would be in Thursday 11th May.

Much appreciated Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings